Sign in to follow this  
iceman

What is your favorite programming language?

I like coding.. coding and learning pr languages..

I personally love PHP and what it offers for web development then there is C++ which I also prefer, even though i'm not very good at it but i'm still learning it..

Languages I dislike but i'm forced to use it due to the nature of web - Javascript.

Been teaching myself C/C++ for almost twenty years now. I still suck at it. So much for the self taught path. But I do love what can be done with it. As a former Building Contractor it is great to make things without having to buy materials from the store. When I get a project, like the scripts I started messing with for dicebot, I loose all track of time and become totally engrossed in my ideas. I don't think there is another field that allow for this much creativity. But, I am also thankful I do not have to do it as a job. That would probably take all of the fun out of it.

Been teaching myself C/C++ for almost twenty years now. I still suck at it. So much for the self taught path. But I do love what can be done with it. As a former Building Contractor it is great to make things without having to buy materials from the store. When I get a project, like the scripts I started messing with for dicebot, I loose all track of time and become totally engrossed in my ideas. I don't think there is another field that allow for this much creativity. But, I am also thankful I do not have to do it as a job. That would probably take all of the fun out of it.

It only takes the fun out of it if you work on shitty projects. If you can make working on random projects like DiceBot your job, it never grows old (not for long anyway).

I also like C#/.NET. Not a fan of scripting languages like JS or python in general, but they have their place and usefulness. I've recently been getting into transact SQL a lot more than I used to. I basically wrote an investment based dice game in SQL, just needed to plug in a GUI to it.

Anyone experienced ReactJS? and would you prefer it over Angular?

I've been doing some ReactJS lately. Very promising, it's like writing custom html components in js. I like it's "Virtual DOM", which basically is the DOM (which itself is virtual) but then virtualized. This means you're basically working in virtual virtual HTML. You'd probably think, why the fuck would you use another DOM, and wouldn't it be much slower?

The answer is NO: ReactJS is very fast and that's because, when modifying DOM elements, React will modify this in the Virtual DOM. When rendering, React will diff it's virtual DOM with the "normal" DOM and push through the differences. The big difference with other libraries here, is that ReactJS ONLY changes the things that are needed, rather than unnecessarily updating whole elements.

I don't have a lot of experience with Angular, but that's the next one on my list, I read that Angular 4.0 was just released, which makes it even more interesting.

Anyone experienced ReactJS? and would you prefer it over Angular?

I've been doing some ReactJS lately. Very promising, it's like writing custom html components in js. I like it's "Virtual DOM", which basically is the DOM (which itself is virtual) but then virtualized. This means you're basically working in virtual virtual HTML. You'd probably think, why the fuck would you use another DOM, and wouldn't it be much slower?

The answer is NO: ReactJS is very fast and that's because, when modifying DOM elements, React will modify this in the Virtual DOM. When rendering, React will diff it's virtual DOM with the "normal" DOM and push through the differences. The big difference with other libraries here, is that ReactJS ONLY changes the things that are needed, rather than unnecessarily updating whole elements.

I don't have a lot of experience with Angular, but that's the next one on my list, I read that Angular 4.0 was just released, which makes it even more interesting.

Nice, it is interesting one, I might try it soon.

I haven't still tried the new Angular 4, but first I will be experimenting with ReactJS