nytewind

Do you ThinkBink? - Mental Wellness

Today we visit the concept of "Think Bink".

After a short discussion with poker player and founder of THINK BINK, I quickly realized that I ALREADY THINK BINK!

Below is Cory Waalands story and excerpt from our intervew:

"People hear words but they feel energy. It's amazing what positivity can do if you give it a try. The choice to have a positive attitude towards the negative things life throws our way is what ThiNk BiNk is all about. It's not just a catchy phrase and has nothing to do with luck, it's a positive mindset lifestyle and THE way of life!" -Corey Waaland

So what is bink?

If you don't play poker or ever seen the movie "Babies Day Out" chances are you've never heard the word "bink" in your life, so what is it? Well it's not in Webster's yet but below is the bink-nation dictionary version of the word.

bink-definition-final.jpg

--

At first glance, "ThiNk BiNk" can seem like just a catchy phrase but to understand the meaning behind this positivity movement you must first know the humble beginnings from which it grew.

In 2012, I was at rock bottom and found myself at a crossroads. Either continue living in a place far from home, trying to salvage a relationship with a girl I was never meant to be with OR accept my friend John's offer to move into his garage and get back to doing what I do best; poker. At the time it wasn't easy but I chose the latter and over the next three months dedicated everyday to bettering my current situation, mentally and financially. Often times John's girlfriend, Brandy, would come in as we were playing and write inspirational messages on a whiteboard hanging on the wall. One fateful day she walked in and wrote the words "ThiNk BiNk" and the lightning bolt immediately struck. It said so much while saying very little and quickly I realized these two words had potential to literally change the world!

From that day forward John and I always said it to each other instead of the typical "good luck" when deep in a tournament. We started to embrace what it meant to ALWAYS be positive, even if "lady luck" wasn't on our side. As time went on we realized more and more this wasn't just for poker, it was for life! We must CHOOSE to have a positive attitude about every situation thrown at us because a negative mind would NEVER lead to a positive life. What began in the most accidental and honest of ways had now fully evolved into our philosophy on and off the poker tables. To us it wasn't just a way of life, it was THE way of life!

Leading up to the 2014 World Series of Poker in Las Vegas I had 50 patches made; 25 black and 25 red. My plan being every time I heard someone speak negatively at the table I'd throw him/her a patch and say something like, "happiness is a choice ya know, ThiNk BiNk!". Fast forward to seven WSOP rings & 500 patches later, people were really starting to take notice and asking regularly where they could get some gear. The growth was so natural and organic that I had suddenly found myself at another crossroads. I could let this be as far as it went OR listen to the universe and get to work spreading this message to as many people as I could, starting in the poker world. Think you know which path I chose ;)

After months of hard work designing the logos/website and days at the Print Bros shop in Florida, the inaugural pieces were born! I remember when I slipped that first shirt over my head and a flood of emotions came as I visualized John's garage and how far we had come. If you would have told me back in 2012 that two words on a dry erase board could turn into a full blown positivity movement, I would have believed you. But if you then told me everything it would take to turn those two words into a brand, it probably never would have happened. Life has a funny way of working itself out though and now a simple message started in the poker world will hopefully catch on and spread like wildfire all over the globe!

So to sum it up, it's not just a catchy phrase and has nothing to do with luck. It's a positive mindset lifestyle and in my opinion, THE way of life!!!

- Cory "BiNks" Waaland -

============================

Thoughts on the law of attraction

Everything is Vibration

The first concept to wrap your head around is understanding the fundamental law of the Universe - the Law of Vibration.

Every single thing from the largest stars and planets in space, all the way down to the tiniest grain of sand, is in a constant state of vibration.

This can be difficult to believe as everything around us seems so solid. If everything is vibration why can’t I put my hand right through this computer that I’m now typing on? The answer is found within the terms frequency and arrangement.

Your brain is so smart that it has taken the vibrations all around you, and learned how to translate it into your “reality” in a way so that you can’t even recognise its vibration. Think about it... What are the colours that you perceive? If you’ve studied any science then you know that colour is just a vibration at a particular frequency. What are the sounds that you hear? They are nothing more than vibrations that your brain has translated in order to make sense out of it.

From this knowledge, it can be stated that your entire “reality” is all within your head. There is nothing “out there” even though it seems like it. It’s the case of the popular question, “if a tree falls in a forest and nobody’s there to hear it, does it make a sound?” The idea is that you cannot experience your reality without actively perceiving it and this is the fundamental basis of the Law of Attraction.

Even after you have proof that everything around you is vibration it is still very hard for us to grasp this on an emotional level (this just emphasises how weak our logic is compared to our emotions). Logically accepting this truth is much different than actually believing this truth and applying it to your life.

Stay with me, it will all start making sense.

In order to begin consciously creating your reality, begin believing that everything is vibration. Take some time out of your day, and sit and just attempt to visualise the vibrational nature of everything around you. Quiet your mind and really feel the vibration of the sounds and the air around you. Suspend any doubts you may have for just a few minutes and give it a go. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Like Attracts Like

The second concept to grasp is that the fundamental principle of the Law of Vibration is that vibrations of similar frequency are drawn together.

Think about two droplets of water that are slowly moving towards each other. What happens as they get closer? They eventually get close enough that they attract each other and become one droplet of water instead of two separate ones. This occurs because they are of like vibration. Now, think about the same phenomena with a droplet of water and a droplet of oil. No matter how close you put them together they will not become one with each other. This is because their vibrations are too different from one another.

This is the idea that the Law of Attraction is based on. If you want to bring about something in your life, regardless of what it is, begin vibrating at a level that is congruent with your desired reality.

This is such a huge idea!

Think about it!

If 1) Everything is vibration and, 2) Vibrations of similar frequencies are drawn together and, 3) You have the ability to control your vibration; then you can most certainly control the conditions of your life!

The problem comes about whenever we attempt to control our reality without first adjusting our vibration. No amount of physical manipulation will create the world that we wish to see. All of the work is done on the inside, in our minds. This means that no amount of action alone will produce the results that we desire. However, once we gain the ability to condition our minds to our desired frequencies of vibration, our physical reality quickly follows suit and reflects back to us our new vibration.

Take the time to think deeply about these ideas and see if they don’t make sense to you both logically and emotionally. If you think long and hard enough you will come to the same conclusions that the great leaders of humanity’s past have all come to: that is, we create our own reality.

Edited by nytewind

10 minutes ago, Kargai said:

No need. I don't understand negative mindset. It's like the Yeti, never saw it :D

Then you already follow the law of attraction\bink and just aren't aware that is what it's called hehehe all I did was label it

Maybe we also can call it the "law of repulsion" ? Because lots of people don't really like to stay around you when you are always positive, when you have growth mindset, etc.

I mean they like you when they see you are optimistic and positive all the time ... but only until they are themselves in a bad mood or something hard happen to them. When they are sick, sad or are grieving/mourning ... your always positive attitude tend to be less well accepted. I lost count of people who took some distance with me because i wasn't sad or else like them. They tend to think you do not understand their condition or you just don't care.

1 hour ago, Kargai said:

Maybe we also can call it the "law of repulsion" ? Because lots of people don't really like to stay around you when you are always positive, when you have growth mindset, etc.

I mean they like you when they see you are optimistic and positive all the time ... but only until they are themselves in a bad mood or something hard happen to them. When they are sick, sad or are grieving/mourning ... your always positive attitude tend to be less well accepted. I lost count of people who took some distance with me because i wasn't sad or else like them. They tend to think you do not understand their condition or you just don't care.

well that really depends on the tact of the person expressing it...

are they like mister peanut butter from bojack horseman? then yea they're oblivious and not really in tune with people around them... means they're actually just kinda self centered imho

someone who's got the right mix will be able to express positivity to someone who's in a bad mood IF THEY KNOW THEM WELL ENOUGH, in such a way that will help lift their spirits.

sometimes people just need to be left alone tho and anyone whos wnyone needs to respect that