chaitanya

What is your view on religion ?

My view on religion is that religion is a necessity for everyone. I can observe how human Beings are created, how universe is created, how heaven and earth is formed, and I am 100% sure there is God behind all of these creations. Religion is a way to bring people together in a community and encourage individuals to follow a set of beliefs. Generally these are beliefs tied to respecting others, sharing with others, and doing and being good. Religion can be a very good vehicle for giving people guidance and direction when they are feeling lost or afraid, struggling with challenging situations and circumstances, or otherwise dealing with emotions they don’t know how to handle. Whatever religion you follow or don’t follow, I hope you are following a positive path, listening to your gut, keeping perspective, using common sense and logic, and trying to live well and be happy without hurting others. Do that, and your trusty guide, be it religion or your own book of morals and ethics, is serving its purpose.

In the end, people have to make their own choices to stay on a good path. Whatever guidance they choose to use is up to them. There are lots of religions in the world. The supernatural cannot be proven except by confirmation bias and faith. If people follow a religion and do and be only good, kind, compassionate, productive people, their religion doesn’t matter. It’s how they behave, how much they believe in themselves, and how they treat others.

And also whts your view on above 

Do you need a religion to have a relationship with “God”?

What’s more important - religion or “God”?

This was a reply to someone else but figure might as well post it here as I do end up giving my opinion on the subject lol

"

I'm not going to jump in this debate but I will say this... It is very important to care if your beliefs are true or false. It is also importance to know what is fact before making claims... You should never jump into a debate if you are not 100% confident in your understanding of the topic at hand... To say "Evolution is JUST a theory" exposes just how ignorant you are on science. I don't mean this to be rude.. we are all ignorant on a lot of things. Cooking for example.. Pretty ignorant here.. Rocket Science.. pretty ignorant. So i don't talk or make claims about those things. Evolution on the other hand....

"Theory" in science is the graduation point in science. it is THE highest honor. Theories (in science) are composed of facts and laws. A lot of people who do not understand science make the common mistake of confusing :"theory" in science with "theory" in everyday conversation talk. Two completely different things.

The "Theory" you're thinking of is "Hey this guy got murdered but had a lot of money I have a theory! His wife did it!"... In science when you speak of "Theories" you speak of "Germ theory", The "Theory of Gravity". "Theory of Combustion". These things are the BEST working explanations we have and therefor you belittle them by saying "Just a theory". my friend. There is nothing higher in science!

With all that said here is what I say about religion. Where money is involved so goes lies. It's no chance that most religions operate as a business. That's because they are. The business of fear. They scare you into giving them money and feeling bad for being human. Be kind. NEVER treat people how they want to be treated. Jesus had it all wrong! Treat others how THEY want to be treated for you are a fool to assume how someone else wants to be treated. If religion helps you. Great but here is an example and the logic as I see religion today...

Lets say little Jimmy has an uncle. this uncle is amazing! he can do the BEST magic tricks! He always takes care of you. puts you before himself even! He has great advice. He loves everyone very much. Matter fact. he loves you so much he will ask you to kill for him. He will ask you to rape in his name. he will ask you to own slaves! Not only that HE himself harms you! but.. he loves you. He has great advice. He always takes care of you. matter fact you owe him everything. He is the reason your parents got together and had you!!!! Without him you are nothing! 

Now I understand god is even MORE forgivable than your uncle in this example.... but here is the point. You can do 1 million GOOD things for people but as soon as you make it ok or rape, murder, steal yourself.. you are immoral and I want nothing to  o with you. The god of the bible is no different. I don't care if there is a god. I don't care what god it ends up being. I have studied a lot of the major religions and if ANY of those gods are real, and we have no reason to think they are, THEY better BEG for my forgiveness. The gods of religion are even, jealous and childish gods. THANK GOD they are not real!

To close out. Everyone has the right to believe in whatever they want. I would fight and die for that right. I hope you think the same about my beliefs. Love and peace!"

Religion has been there for years, most likely centuries.

But at the end of the day, no matter what your religion is, it is going to be all about "RESPECT" to each others beliefs, and never argue about it.

Example. If I believe that Lord Beerus is my God, my friends respect that and never makes arguments about it. Instead, supports what you believe on and vice versa to them.

The creator of all loves us. And appreciates how we believe our representation of our faith. ??

Bless us all here. ???

1 minute ago, dmbadillo10 said:

Religion has been there for years, most likely centuries.

But at the end of the day, no matter what your religion is, it is going to be all about "RESPECT" to each others beliefs, and never argue about it.

Example. If I believe that Lord Beerus is my God, my friends respect that and never makes arguments about it. Instead, supports what you believe on and vice versa to them.

The creator of all loves us. And appreciates how we believe our representation of our faith. ??

Bless us all here. ???

See.. that's where I have a problem.. you're making claims about reality that you do not know are facts.... and we should respect "all beliefs".. you sure? What about Hitlers? What about the Muslim who thinks he should blow up kids? I'm sorry but we should NOT respect peoples beliefs unless they are earning of that respect. What you should respect is someones ability to hold their beliefs to themselves. You want to pray to the Lake Monster? Fine. I respect that as long as it doesn't effect me or my kids. Once you allow religion into government it fucks everything up.

I will never respect religion. I respect the people apart of religion and magical thinking as long as I am respected and allowed to live my life without hearing about it.

Live and let live but as soon as your "living" effects others in a negative way you are the enemy. 

Anyway, religion is always emotional and that's why I try not to get into it as I only care about facts. Not how it all makes me feel. Most people can't focus on just facts and always allow feelings to come in.

33 minutes ago, CryptoDadlol said:

See.. that's where I have a problem.. you're making claims about reality that you do not know are facts.... and we should respect "all beliefs".. you sure? What about Hitlers? What about the Muslim who thinks he should blow up kids? I'm sorry but we should NOT respect peoples beliefs unless they are earning of that respect. What you should respect is someones ability to hold their beliefs to themselves. You want to pray to the Lake Monster? Fine. I respect that as long as it doesn't effect me or my kids. Once you allow religion into government it fucks everything up.

I will never respect religion. I respect the people apart of religion and magical thinking as long as I am respected and allowed to live my life without hearing about it.

Live and let live but as soon as your "living" effects others in a negative way you are the enemy. 

Anyway, religion is always emotional and that's why I try not to get into it as I only care about facts. Not how it all makes me feel. Most people can't focus on just facts and always allow feelings to come in.

Agreed.

Of course, "RESPECT" has to be earned. That's why I gave a simple example on my comment above.

Those you mentioned, that affects the well-being of other people, are obviously beliefs that are not to be respected nor tolerated. Those are the people who have been eaten by the system, system of their own selfish way of believing.

What my point was, if you see it Red, and I see it Green, that's fine. As long as we can both see. ???

Peace bro. ?

5 minutes ago, dmbadillo10 said:

Agreed.

Of course, "RESPECT" has to be earned. That's why I gave a simple example on my comment above.

Those you mentioned, that affects the well-being of other people, are obviously beliefs that are not to be respected nor tolerated. Those are the people who have been eaten by the system, system of their own selfish way of believing.

What my point was, if you see it Red, and I see it Green, that's fine. As long as we can both see. ???

Peace bro. ?

i make u right i perfer green xxxxx

The way I see it is there is no god, how could their be so many religion with such different stories, either they all are real and there are many gods or they all are fake.. I see religion as a whole dying down over the next few centuries. I think many people who are believers of a god, use it as a reason to be better in life, and a reason to feel better when you are down. So I think believing in a god is good for a person who does. The only problem I have with religion is the people who are very strong believers and will force it on to other peoples lives by saying things like "If you don't go to church every Sunday you will go to hell" or as a way to get people to do what they want: "Its a sin to...". Also there are way to many people who profit off of religion as pastors for wide scale mega churches, although that doesn't have to do with anything of a certain religion just the people who attend those mega churches make me wonder...