Favorite book from your childhood :)

Since I have a little one that I tend to read a different book every night, I was wandering what's your favorite book from your childhood. I'm sure some of those books are there on your shelves, and that you reach them from time to time. 

Lately, I've been reading a lot of Disney's books, and then I realized I wasn't that much into those when I was a child. :) 

My parents bought me a collection of 6 books: Hans Christian Andersen: 'Fairy Tales and Stories'. In the beginning, they would read them to me, but as soon as I learned to read (which was too soon, probably, I was 3) I started reading a few pages every night before sleep. Then I moved to a bit longer ones, like 'Alice in Wonderland' by Lewis Carroll, some of the stories and fairy tales that our teacher 'made us read': 'Crin-Blanc' by René Guillot, 'Heidi' by Johanna Spyri, 'The Wonderful Wizard of Oz' by L. Frank Baum and Libby Hamilton. And probably my favorite one from the childhood would be 'The Little Prince' by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. I guess that's where my love towards books came from. :) 

I tried to read those 'Fairy Tales and Stories' to my little girl a few nights ago, and she told me those are boring, there are next to no pictures in there! :D I'm not sure if I even paid attention on that when I was a child, but I guess kids nowadays are used to that. I gave up and went back to reading the 'Rapunzel' book to her (with a looot of pictures). :D 

So, tell us your story about books! What's the first one you remember? Who bought it for you? Do you still read it from time to time? If you have kids/cousins, what kind of books are you reading to them? :)