secondlife

Would You Rather

Would you rather...

1) Have 100 Bitcoin deposited into your Primedice account today or

2) Have .1 Bitcoin deposited into your Primedice account once per day, every day for the rest of your life

Feel free to give a quick response of which you would prefer, but I encourage you to include an explanation as to why. 

Enjoy!

I would go for option 1, because I would cashout at least 80 and put 75 of that in cold storage if I had that much at once. Then gamble with 12 and tip 3 to the chatbot for future rains.

That being said, if the existence and current state of PrimeDice could besomehow garantueed I would maybe go for option 2.

What I mean by that is that there is no way to tell that there will still be a PrimeDice in let's say 10 or 15 years. Maybe it will be sold by then, have a different owner and be ruined by that new owner for example. Just look at what happened to Satoshidice of Erik Voorhees. Ever since he sold that, it has had multiple owners that all ruined the site and gameplay it once offered.

Anything can happen in the coming years, so there's no way to say if that 0.1 per day would keep coming.

4 minutes ago, CrystalBlox said:

I would go for option 1, because I would cashout at least 80 and put 75 of that in cold storage if I had that much at once. Then gamble with 12 and tip 3 to the chatbot for future rains.

That being said, if the existence and current state of PrimeDice could besomehow garantueed I would maybe go for option 2.

What I mean by that is that there is no way to tell that there will still be a PrimeDice in let's say 10 or 15 years. Maybe it will be sold by then, have a different owner and be ruined by that new owner for example. Just look at what happened to Satoshidice of Erik Voorhees. Ever since he sold that, it has had multiple owners that all ruined the site and gameplay it once offered.

Anything can happen in the coming years, so there's no way to say if that 0.1 per day would keep coming.

Interesting take. Keep in mind that to receive a total of 100 btc through option 2, it would take a little less than three years. You'd essentially be gambling on whether or not Primedice will be around in its current state for at least 3 years. You'd also have to take into consideration the time value of money. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow. So the threshold of equilibrium would probably have to be closer to 4 or 5 years.

1 hour ago, secondlife said:

Would you rather...

2) Have .1 Bitcoin deposited into your Primedice account once per day, every day for the rest of your life

Feel free to give a quick response of which you would prefer, but I encourage you to include an explanation as to why. 

Enjoy!

I would probably go with 100 BTC deposited today. 0.1 BTC deposited every day would take 1000 days to reach 100 BTC and I don't know what the value of bitcoin will be by then or if PD will still exist. I could potentially gamble with the 0.1 depos and make more... but the 100 BTC is a sure thing and I could also bet with it if I wanted. 

As others have mentioned, taking into account the possibility of PD being gone or something, I'd take option 1 without hesitation. Now, if I could be 100% sure that I'd get that 0.1 daily always forever and ever, it becomes tempting.

But all things considered, I think I'd still take the 100 right now. If I wanted I could gamble with those 100 BTC with a very low risk and get 0.1 profit daily. But the real reason I'd go with that option is because I have a ton of projects right now that need money to become a reality, so having that much money would allow me to put them all in motion.

8 hours ago, xMossx said:

I would probably go with 100 BTC deposited today. 0.1 BTC deposited every day would take 1000 days to reach 100 BTC and I don't know what the value of bitcoin will be by then or if PD will still exist. I could potentially gamble with the 0.1 depos and make more... but the 100 BTC is a sure thing and I could also bet with it if I wanted. 

1000 days really isn't that long. If Primedice is around for 10 years, that's 365 bitcoin you would have made over that period of time. Not to mention we're all degen's here. We all claim that we could "slowly" bet our way up and yet we all end up back at the faucet lol. You risk losing all 100 bitoin today but with option B, you're guaranteed more BTC tomorrow.

44 minutes ago, Kristoffff said:

Obviously I would like to get the 0.1 daily amount. I'd cash out half, gamble the other half, probably end up with some sweet bonus after a few days aswell.

Always nicer to get smaller amounts but on a daily basis :)

Yes. Also the risk of wasting it all fast is not that high. Happens to a lot of lottery winners. Poorer than before winning.

8 minutes ago, CaptainLorca said:

Yes. Also the risk of wasting it all fast is not that high. Happens to a lot of lottery winners. Poorer than before winning.

true, u can't spend it all at once, and u got a guaranteed income for the rest of your life (assuming primedice stays on forever, or u get the payment on a different way)

most ppl if they get suddenly a big amount get overwelmed and u might get used to all the rich and famous, buy stupid shit for crazy money. 

4 minutes ago, Kristoffff said:

true, u can't spend it all at once, and u got a guaranteed income for the rest of your life (assuming primedice stays on forever, or u get the payment on a different way)

most ppl if they get suddenly a big amount get overwelmed and u might get used to all the rich and famous, buy stupid shit for crazy money. 

You’re absolutely right. The responsible decision is option 2. “Guaranteed” perpetual income means you can never lose it all. 

On 1/10/2018 at 10:18, secondlife said:

Would you rather...

Enjoy!

I would rather have the latter part. 0.1 for the rest of my life..But wait, what if i die tomorrow...

I change my mind, I prefer 1. 100 btc this instant on my account :P

I would go with 0.1 also. Since it has a fixed market supply, overtime the value is only going to get bigger and bigger. I am confident in the value of bitcoin long term due to that particular fact. Great question mate!