Skilful

Benefits of drinking hot water

I am starting a water fast today, no idea how long I'll last my record is 2 days. time to detox after Christmas! 

But it was kind of cold this morning, so I thought I'd try something I never did before and just try drinking some hot water. 

It's not too bad! I googled it out of interest to see if anyone else has tried it out... and of course they have! 

What was surprising was that it has a few health benefits, including: 

• Relieves nasal congestion (I have a cold at the moment so that's a good one! - all the internal soldiers have been protecting liver over Christmas, so my immune system was under staffed haha).
  • Aids digestion. Because it "soothes and activates your digestive tract".
  • Calms central nervous system. 
  • Keeps you hydrated (it's just as good as cold water for this!)
  • Improves circulation (similar to when you take a hot bath). 
  • Decrease stress levels.
  • Reduce toxins

To name some of the more interesting ones. Here's the article about it: https://www.healthline.com/health/benefits-of-drinking-hot-water#benefits

The funny things is it tastes different to cold water too, it doesn't just feel like cold water heated... it tastes more like tea than water even though it's just water! 

Maybe that's just psychological?

Anyway! Interesting. Does anyone else drink hot water? This has been a bit of a revelation to me xD

Edited by Skilful

On 1/5/2018 at 16:48, Skilful said:

I am starting a water fast today, no idea how long I'll last my record is 2 days. time to detox after Christmas! 

But it was kind of cold this morning, so I thought I'd try something I never did before and just try drinking some hot water. 

It's not too bad! I googled it out of interest to see if anyone else has tried it out... and of course they have! 

What was surprising was that it has a few health benefits, including: 

• Relieves nasal congestion (I have a cold at the moment so that's a good one! - all the internal soldiers have been protecting liver over Christmas, so my immune system was under staffed haha).
  • Aids digestion. Because it "soothes and activates your digestive tract".
  • Calms central nervous system. 
  • Keeps you hydrated (it's just as good as cold water for this!)
  • Improves circulation (similar to when you take a hot bath). 
  • Decrease stress levels.
  • Reduce toxins

To name some of the more interesting ones. Here's the article about it: https://www.healthline.com/health/benefits-of-drinking-hot-water#benefits

The funny things is it tastes different to cold water too, it doesn't just feel like cold water heated... it tastes more like tea than water even though it's just water! 

Maybe that's just psychological?

Anyway! Interesting. Does anyone else drink hot water? This has been a bit of a revelation to me xD

Psychological maybe. Cause i hate the taste of plain hot water (i like tea)xD

Warm water with lemon is much better..it helps your digestion flushes all toxics and cleanse your liver.for me it's effective since I started drinking it..my skin glow and my stomach became flat again.

Привет. Ученые даказали, что два стакана теплой воды с раннего утра и на тощяк помогают от многих болезней. Только после питья минут 45 нельзя нечего есть и через пару недель много болезьней сами исчезнут.