jbenjaminy

Overview of My Strategy - "Small Risk, Big Rewards"

I have people ask about how I play from time to time when I'll have a nice run and post a few bets in chat, so I wanted to go ahead and post a quick run-down on here of how I play.

• Usually I start betting with a minimum bet at 5% (I always bet some amount, 1 satoshi being the minimum, never just betting 0 -- maybe just a superstitious thing).
  • I wait for these to hit and then I’ll raise the bet up maybe 5x or 10x for five or so rolls and if another hits I’ll continue for another five rolls.
  •  I look for patterns to take shape -- sometimes you’ll see the order of rolls happen a few times in a row maybe something like 97.xx, x.xx, 98.xx, x.xx, 99.xx, 1.xx. When I notice something like this happens more than once, I’ll raise up my bet even more -- maybe 20x or even like 50x. If the pattern starts to play out again I may raise my bet up even more before that cycle of the pattern completes. Like in the example if the 97.xx, 98.xx, 99.xx all come again as expected, I may put in a huge bet those last few rolls on 3% win rate low, looking for that 1.xx to come again (but giving a little buffer in case we get a 2.xx).
  • I switch sides according to what’s been rolling and any repeated switches in play.
  • If rolls are hot in the 5% range, I’ll put in even smaller win rate (3%, 2%, 1%, or even 0.5% or 0.1%) if the majority of the rolls that are coming are below/above one of these win rates.
  • In the same way, if I keep barely missing 5% targets just barely, I might move my win rate out to 10% win rate, keeping the same pattern, for a bit until the rolls move back out to the extremes (< 5 | > 95).
  • Whenever an extreme roll comes, like < 0.5x, a lot of times I’ll try doing the opposite for 5-10 rolls, like following < 0.5x I might bet > 99.5 for a little bit as you will often see this, where the opposite extreme closely follows the initial one. The only exception to this being that if I have previously seen like two rolls < 0.5x within a few rolls together, I might bet 0.5x again with an increased bet, the next time I see one. 

The most important part of my strategy is that there are no set rules, you have to be flexible. I use a fluid approach and adjust my bets to what is rolling. Also, remember that this is not effective for people who want to win big chunks of profit from short 15-20 min sessions. You have to play a lot of hours and make a lot of bets, paying focused attention to any patterns that manifest themselves. Sometimes you'll pass up opportunities for profit to wait for a better spot, when things are more "certain" and target rolls are coming even closer together. Sometimes things are completely dry and these extreme rolls are few and far between, so I'll roll several hundred times at my base bet, before raising finally when things start to heat up. One thing this strategy really facilitates is maximizing profits, so it's especially good if you have a small bankroll that you're trying to build up, because you're only risking small amounts to win big ones. For this reason, I've had insane runs playing in this manner. At the start of this year, right here on PrimeDice, I took 0.006 btc to over 2.1 btc, in a single session lasting 10 or so hours. Similarly, on a different site back in 2015, I took 0.3 btc to over 14 btc, in one night. This run included the biggest hit I've ever had, which was nearly 5 btc from a single bet, seen below:

big_hit.thumb.jpg.32176cd6ed7d50b4f127bff2a4b3c02a.jpg

Pretty crazy huh? But I didn't just jump on and right out the door start shooting out 0.005 btc bets at 0.1% win rate. This was after probably 6 or 8 hours of much smaller bets, building slowly and waiting for the right spot. And this is the last part of my strategy -- when you're paying close attention to the rolls for a long period, and some repeating pattern develops, when it begins to iterate again, and the particular series of rolls comes so precisely in the numbers and order as you saw earlier, that you just have this overwhelming certainty, and can really raise your bets up to take advantage of these rare insights. That was the situation here. I don't remember exactly what the pattern that told me that this roll was coming, but it was so clear to me when it happened. It was something like this: 99.xx, 0.xx, 99.5x, 0.4x, 99.9x, 0.0x (with a few mid range rolls in between each number) -- where there was such a definite pattern, and it happened three times in these cyclical sets of rolls. And the third the around, when the > 99.9 roll came, I really raised up the bet (from like 0.001 as my typical big-bet, to 0.005), and sure enough, within 20 rolls or so the < 0.1 roll came. So sick...

Anyway, hope you all enjoyed reading and this helps some of you develop you're own approach or improve your game in some way. Please post below to let me know what you though and let me know if you have any questions or anything.

Edited by jbenjaminy

Hi @Annie! Thanks for taking a look. No actually, this strategy is good for any size bankroll, and can be an especially effective way to grow small ones. All of this is just proportionate to your balance and what you can risk.

Hey @Kurian! I actually did post like a month ago, but it was in PDF format in this little “dice guide” thing I put together with some other stuff, but it got taken down (not exactly sure why — think it’s prob bc I had my btc addresses in it).

But I think that this content can be really valuable to other players developing their own style, so wanted to repost this stuff. Hope you feel like it is effective, let me know how it goes and if you have any questions! Thanks!

Edited by jbenjaminy
Added reply to Kurian

3 hours ago, Kayboytobad said:

Your strategy is really good but one has to be focused and observant to get it right 

Hi @Kayboytobad!

Thanks so much for your response and the positive feedback!

I have to say I'm pretty impressed that you highlighted this subtlety of this strategy, because you are spot on. I'm actually really curious, did you pick up on this just reading through what I wrote or did you actually test my strategy out?

You are exactly right though and even though I've been playing this strategy for a couple years now and have some massive wins along the way, I still haven't nailed down enough consistency as I would like, because it really requires your full, utmost attention every time you play for it to be effective. If you're even the slightest bit distracted it can totally drain your balance too.

Thanks again for reading & posting!

On 12/30/2017 at 09:02, jbenjaminy said:

Hi @Kayboytobad!

Thanks so much for your response and the positive feedback!

I have to say I'm pretty impressed that you highlighted this subtlety of this strategy, because you are spot on. I'm actually really curious, did you pick up on this just reading through what I wrote or did you actually test my strategy out?

You are exactly right though and even though I've been playing this strategy for a couple years now and have some massive wins along the way, I still haven't nailed down enough consistency as I would like, because it really requires your full, utmost attention every time you play for it to be effective. If you're even the slightest bit distracted it can totally drain your balance too.

Thanks again for reading & posting!

I understood one must be focused and observant with the strategy when I was reading through but I am gonna make sure I use it next year when I play again 

1 hour ago, Kayboytobad said:

I understood one must be focused and observant with the strategy when I was reading through but I am gonna make sure I use it next year when I play again 

@Kayboytobad awesome to hear, and very insightful of you! Looking forward to what you think after you get a chance to try it out! Thanks again and let me know if you have any other questions or thoughts!

42 minutes ago, jbenjaminy said:

@Kayboytobad awesome to hear, and very insightful of you! Looking forward to what you think after you get a chance to try it out! Thanks again and let me know if you have any other questions or thoughts!

No questions and I will make sure to let you know when I try it out.  Thanks once again mate

On 12/26/2017 at 07:26, Annie said:

This ur strategy, must be with a high bankroll to use your strategy

No, I think any bankroll can actually use it.  Try it

1 hour ago, Kayboytobad said:

No questions and I will make sure to let you know when I try it out.  Thanks once again mate

No, I think any bankroll can actually use it.  Try it

Definitely! Happy to help and happy new year!

1 minute ago, MateuszHDHR1 said:

Still can argue, observation does nothing, strategies don't work, it's pure luck bro, still a 5 btc hit is amazing, congrats for patience and staying chill when betting this high ;)

bigger balls than I got that's for sure

1 minute ago, jbenjaminy said:

hahaha! Thanks @nytewind -- you're giving me more credit/machismo than I probably deserve. Having played at those stakes does make firing off 0.0001/0.0002 bets a lot easier though at the current price though when I have the roll to support it :D

• massive.
  • fukkin'
  • balls.

also did anyone tell u this pic on your profile has a slight resemblance of Edward Norton 

Just now, nytewind said:
  • massive.
  • fukkin'
  • balls.

also did anyone tell u this pic on your profile has a slight resemblance of Edward Norton 

Hahaha! dude, I've been told I look like him basically since I started growing facial hair 12+ years ago -- awesome you could see it from a tiny black & white thumbnail though! I'm serious, so many completely unrelated people. I mean I see it, but don't feel like its that pronounced for the magnitude of response I've gotten!

Just now, nytewind said:

I get corey Feldman and corey haim so much I let it grow out.

I don't see it.

haha, nor do I.... I did think you looked like someone though -- can't put my finger on it... will let you know if it comes to me, lol.

On 26-12-2017 at 04:12, jbenjaminy said:

I have people ask about how I play from time to time when I'll have a nice run and post a few bets in chat, so I wanted to go ahead and post a quick run-down on here of how I play.

xD Your post is long AF!! xD 

Thank you for the strat tho! I'll try it out! :)