Dan

How do I remain anonymous with bitcoin?

So, I purchased some bitcoins on a reputable exchange, that records my personal information (which seems to be a common practice these days) but I don't want my spending and transactions to be tracked or monitored.

As we are all aware, the ledger tracks transaction to transaction, so technically nothing is private anymore. I am aware other currencies have solutions to this problem, but whats the best solution with bitcoin?

I don't want to have to go and purchase more bitcoin. I have looked into tumbling, but it doesn't seem like its a legitimate solution. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on this conundrum?

This is one of the basic problems with exchanges. You can buy from them but they do store your info on their records. Its more of pseudo-anonymous when you are depending on centralized exchanges. A decentralized exchange might do the trick - however most decentralized exchanges are shady and I would prefer to use a centralized exchange then a decentralized one.

Otherwise you will be safer off with the centralized exchanges and hope that they dont leak your info.

I dont know if this solves the problem but that my opinion

9 minutes ago, UltraChief said:

This is one of the basic problems with exchanges. You can buy from them but they do store your info on their records. Its more of pseudo-anonymous when you are depending on centralized exchanges. A decentralized exchange might do the trick - however most decentralized exchanges are shady and I would prefer to use a centralized exchange then a decentralized one.

Otherwise you will be safer off with the centralized exchanges and hope that they dont leak your info.

I dont know if this solves the problem but that my opinion

Doesn't solve my problem, I want to make my bitcoins anonymous :( 

yes depending on what you you're trying to do you can exchange your BTC to something more private like Monero through sites like shapeshift (apparently they might be in bed with Law Enforcement so be aware), or xmr.to which is another good site

1 hour ago, MateuszHDHR1 said:

Yup at the moment Monero gives u full protection and u r totally anonymous, thats why it overcome bitcoin in darknet, so you can think of start using it.

It might overcome bitcoin one day just because of that feature

Have you used Monero ? And if yes, do you had any troubles with it? I am asking cause i was checking it lately.

On 20.12.2017 at 11:12, Dan said:

So, I purchased some bitcoins on a reputable exchange, that records my personal information (which seems to be a common practice these days) but I don't want my spending and transactions to be tracked or monitored.

As we are all aware, the ledger tracks transaction to transaction, so technically nothing is private anymore. I am aware other currencies have solutions to this problem, but whats the best solution with bitcoin?

I don't want to have to go and purchase more bitcoin. I have looked into tumbling, but it doesn't seem like its a legitimate solution. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on this conundrum?

I think that this is still not possible, but  https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/how-bulletproofs-could-make-bitcoin-privacy-less-costly/