Dan

Is this our chance to change the world?

Our generation has been forced to inherit the governments and economy established by the generations before us. We have had a front row seat to the global financial crises, and other economic disasters, while we watch other people control our future. We have witnessed the Greek economy crumble, the fall of the Valenzuela economy and the potential demise of Argentina's as well, and that's just to name a few. We have had to conform to the regulations and law's that support olden day practices, while being forced to protesting for basic human rights (i.e. marriage equality, equal pay for men/women, net neutrality, protection of the environment, etc.) All issues that have been created by those before us, dictated in most case, one way or another by big money.

We are prospected to be the generation that is going to be worst off than their parents. The system is tuned for a generation that is not us. So how do we put our future in out hand's? Is the answer bitcoin? Does bitcoin have the power to devalue the big money that was established to control us and the decision making of our governments?

Thats a hard question.. I think that we're doin an important step with BTC or in crypto in general. In the end it has to be regulated, which wouldn't really swift the market so much. We're or better said Satoshi Nakamoto did something before the banks made a move. Its threatening the system we "trust" so hard in. 

This is a wake up call for at least the banks. They will do their best to save their status. Money controls the most of the political structures.. well.. probably everything. If the banks lose the control over it, the rest of the pyramid goes down with them. That includes us too. But what if.. what if a crypto would be accepted by the society? Banks would become outdated if they don't survive this longterm boom. 

Bitcoin is surely not the answer to all our problems.. but probably for a lot.

Thats my POV

Edit:

We are now the ones who could make a difference. You see a lot happening in the world. The problem you mentioned is displayed by politics. There are people pointing the way out that fits them, not the younger or working class. I think this is a huge problem.

Edited by CaptainLorca

I wouldn't consider net neutrality to be a basic human right. 

I don't think bitcoin will be the answer to the Liberal agenda. (Using regulations put forth by the government to protect things like the environment, equal pay etc). 

I would say crypto currency favors more of an open and free market. 

1 minute ago, carlooch said:

I don't think bitcoin will be the answer to the Liberal agenda. (Using regulations put forth by the government to protect things like the environment, equal pay etc). 

Net neutrality should be a basic thing. Controlling it is just a new business model. A lot of people and companies counting on it. And the ones with the money will get profit of it. The internet is made of contribution from people all around the globe, so it should be a basic human right. its like selling or taxing oxygen thats in the air.

Cryptocurrency will be an important thing, but not necessarily bitcoin. Governments and industry will do everything to control, but i think the 'alternative' system has a chance now. Look at the development of bitcoin gold concerning mining monopolies. 

The good part is that it’s already starting to happen. More and more people in more and more places are getting access to the Internet, which means that everybody can find the facts on anything that interests them. Of course, it also means that anybody can spread whatever hatred, bad science and other nonsense they like, but with the whole of human knowledge available, people are going to start realising more and more that they don’t have to listen to that stuff when they can find out for themselves.

3 hours ago, carlooch said:

Would you consider freedom of speech a basic human right? The liberal agenda is heavily dictated by certain areas of society, i.e. marriage equality was heavily opposed by the christian church, who funds and has influences on most legal parties. This is also the case with big money influencing the decisions on environmental decision making. Here's a great instance to support my argument:

Q: What is Australia's biggest export? Or at least one of?  A: Coal/Oil to China/Asia. 

Q: What is Australia's governments stance on global warming? A: Global warming isn't real.

Coincidence?

On a social level, aside from politics, our nation is very energy conscious and heavily invested into alternative fuel sources. Politically we have no control because money dictates our policies. We also on a social level believe in marriage equality, and we are one of the last countries to pass the bill in parliament.

I'm not saying that bitcoin is the solution, I'm merely hinting that it could potentially help solve many of our problems currently affecting society.

I'm telling you, the younger people are the future and there's no way anyone can deny that since older ones will most likely die before younger people. Now it's the older ones job to educate the younger ones which basically means we live by the rules we've been taught when we were young. 

It's only the freedom of our minds that will change the world, it's our ideas and our feelings. Not rules. Do you think Leonard Kleinrock invented internet because his parents or teachers had taught him that idea when he was young? No. Do you think Satoshi Nakamoto learned from his parents how to create an almighty currency? No. 

There's a simple saying that describes it all: "The child is the adult's teacher." Think about that for a moment. :D 

5 hours ago, Dan said:

Would you consider freedom of speech a basic human right? The liberal agenda is heavily dictated by certain areas of society, i.e. marriage equality was heavily opposed by the christian church, who funds and has influences on most legal parties. This is also the case with big money influencing the decisions on environmental decision making. Here's a great instance to support my argument:

Q: What is Australia's biggest export? Or at least one of?  A: Coal/Oil to China/Asia. 

Q: What is Australia's governments stance on global warming? A: Global warming isn't real.

Coincidence?

On a social level, aside from politics, our nation is very energy conscious and heavily invested into alternative fuel sources. Politically we have no control because money dictates our policies. We also on a social level believe in marriage equality, and we are one of the last countries to pass the bill in parliament.

I'm not saying that bitcoin is the solution, I'm merely hinting that it could potentially help solve many of our problems currently affecting society.

Same here. Germany was big in business with renewable energy.. well. The politics made it insecure about it and investors stopped throwing money in. Thousands of new jobs have been busted with it. Lobbyism.

Take the Volkswagen scandal for instance. Big thing in the U.S.A. Its a thing here too, but its like it never happened. Have been just a few weeks in the media. Money does a lot to us and our surrounding. In fact I believe money is bad. Crypto threw new dices on the field, what no one expected. And with the currently attention from the media its a threat to the economy we know. There is a reason why banks are freaking about it.

and when a power like banks are freaking, its means a lot. More than that. Its huge. It can make an impact and make a difference. We're now the part that has to decide what we make of it. But due to the power of banks and politics I see a danger here. They will do their best to make crypto a bad thing. And again, trying to force us to their will.

3 hours ago, Noahbreezy said:

I'm telling you, the younger people are the future and there's no way anyone can deny that since older ones will most likely die before younger people. Now it's the older ones job to educate the younger ones which basically means we live by the rules we've been taught when we were young. 

It's only the freedom of our minds that will change the world, it's our ideas and our feelings. Not rules. Do you think Leonard Kleinrock invented internet because his parents or teachers had taught him that idea when he was young? No. Do you think Satoshi Nakamoto learned from his parents how to create an almighty currency? No. 

There's a simple saying that describes it all: "The child is the adult's teacher." Think about that for a moment. :D 

Of course. Like Yoda said: "truly wonderful, the mind of a child is". Thats absolutely right. Every new generation has to step in the footprints of the elders. And sometimes its a heavy step. With every new mind, there can be a new way. You can see it if you do a group project.. there are suddenly new ways.

We shouldn't forget that we are the ones who pass the world to our childs. Lets make the world a better place for them.

8 hours ago, CaptainLorca said:

Of course. Like Yoda said: "truly wonderful, the mind of a child is". Thats absolutely right. Every new generation has to step in the footprints of the elders. And sometimes its a heavy step. With every new mind, there can be a new way. You can see it if you do a group project.. there are suddenly new ways.

We shouldn't forget that we are the ones who pass the world to our childs. Lets make the world a better place for them.

Yep, let's make the world a better place for our kids by educating our kids correctly. 

I believe we should be speaking in past-tense.

We've already changed the world....

there is a saying "you cannot unring a bell" -- the notion and the idea of decentralized currency , anonymity, and counter-fiat\counter-government has already been spread...

even if bitcoin itself crashes, new ideas in the same vein will pop up all encompassing the idea of decentralization and security, and independence.