CaptainLorca

Pay per post ruins the quality :/

Hey guys.Recently a lot of spam came up here. People are saying what other said with different words.. or just saying things like "i agree with you" (<-- you just could upvote that post.. seriously guys).. that is useless spam.

Repeating themselves very often.. I sometimes read the same meaning in a topic on one page from one person. It really ruins the fun and the quality of discussions here. It takes out the wind of the seals.

Somebody opens up a really good topic.. put time and effort in it and they just tear it apart with useless posts to gain some Sats.

I do not even want to participate anymore bc of this. Seriously.. do you guys think you're doin a good job all the time? Question yourself if your post is really necessary and a good contribution to a topic.

PPP is a reaaaaaaaaaal nice thing.. and yes, I like to have my 100k cashed out to gamble.. but I don't like it if its abused and it ruins almost every good topic.

I might be not the best example how to lead a discussion here.. but I'll try my best.

I think it might be the best if we get rid of it again or there would come a better algorithm like.. you need at least xx count of words or whatever.

And if anyone tears apart this topic now.. I lose my shit.. really. For one time I want just the team of PD to respond and no one sayin "yeah you're right" or something like that. If you think I'm right, hit the button in the bottom corner on the right side of my post. 

Edit:

Addtional.. people are really diggin deep for old topics to respond with low quality comments.. its ok if you dig something up.. but just don't spam to it. Really.. thats the most obvious spam here.

Edited by CaptainLorca

On of the reason I dont participate in many conversations is that they are spammed like anything and shitposters from every corner of the world are abusing the pay-per-post system to get some free cash. Like beggars opening their palms to beg.

Something really needs to be done to the PPP system - I dont know how much traffic it is bringing but the dev team should look into it ASAP.

Thanks for bringing this up @CaptainLorca. I have noticed this as well especially the off topic posts. Though i understand that sometimes, conversation branches out, we still gotta keep the posts aligned with the thread topic. In fact, i posted almost the same topic as this in a local section and guess what, it's been ruined regardless how much i tried to set the route back to where the conversation should be going.

And to be honest, i dont think the  idea of setting a word count will help as they've mastered the art of paraphrasing.

Ive also seen a couple of nonsense threads spurting from nowhere. 

When i started in this forum, there was no PPP and i lived with it; at least the comments i was seeing when I woke up are unique and not just a paraphrase of the previous posts. 

I cant think of any other way of solving this except the brute force of deleting non sense posts and taking back the sats they earned from that post - even if it means their forum balance turns into negative. 

That'll require a lot of effort for sure but if thats the only way to keep the forum organized without sacrificing the incentive, im down for that. 

As long as you continue to report low quality content, those users will be punished with warnings. Warnings provide significant reduction in the amount of satoshi they can earn. For example, a single warning reduced the potential payout by 50%. That's a very good reason to not receive warnings, and a great way for dedicated users to help ensure content quality remains at a higher level. See more info here:

This is an annoying downside of incentivizing forum activity...in any case, thanks for your efforts in reporting these abusers! I hope more community members will take the effort to report any spam they see in passing - it's extra work, but it helps moderators keep on top of the garbage posts that otherwise seep into the forum.

i was notice it too.. sometimes if i like the post but nothing to say different i just click the upvote and never put same comment...

i was here very long time ago... since ppp delete before i still comment here bcoz i learn a lot from this thread like bitcointalk. 

People are always going to try and find a way to exploit a system when that system has ways of giving something for free, so PPP is no different in that regard.  The only two options really are to disable it entirely to prevent it, or moderate the hell out of it to keep out the spammers and keep them in check.

25 minutes ago, JenFromCA said:

People are always going to try and find a way to exploit a system when that system has ways of giving something for free, so PPP is no different in that regard.  The only two options really are to disable it entirely to prevent it, or moderate the hell out of it to keep out the spammers and keep them in check.

I feel like its in fairly good control currently.

3 hours ago, Edward said:

I'm under the impression the quality has gone up. This is definitely thanks to @Dan & all the moderators who put the effort into containing the forum. 

Yeah. It really got better indeed! A big thanks to the staff here.. doin a great job on forum and in PD <3

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.