Hawaiianz

Do Altcoins really have a future?

I believe Bitcoin has a future in long term. It proved itself in the past years and it is getting widely popular. It just has a transaction fee problem atm.

What about the altcoins? Who does use them for real? Will people use them in the future for real purpose?

I only have a hope for ethereum and litecoin, but not for the rest. I am not even sure for eth and ltc. 

If bitcoin solves the reansaction fee and time problem, I doubt eth and ltc even have a future.

3 minutes ago, Hawaiianz said:

What about the altcoins? Who does use them for real? Will people use them in the future for real purpose?

You need to do more research on altcoins. They have some idea and some developers to realize that idea. The people who believe in this idea invest in that coin. Not that every altcoin is useful but most have a certain usage of their own. Taking into example the ether based tokens have their own uses and so doe many other coins. You should try to learn more about them.

5 minutes ago, Hawaiianz said:

I only have a hope for ethereum and litecoin, but not for the rest. I am not even sure for eth and ltc. 

If bitcoin solves the reansaction fee and time problem, I doubt eth and ltc even have a future.

First you say that you have hopes for ether and the in the next line you say that it does not - a complete reversal of stance. I think you are yourself confused.

On 12/13/2017 at 12:53, Hawaiianz said:

I believe Bitcoin has a future in long term. It proved itself in the past years and it is getting widely popular. It just has a transaction fee problem atm.

Its the most used crypto at the moment. But with the current price and the number of current users. It's obviously certain that it's still gonna flex it's muscles and increase more! If user number increases agajn! 

On 12/13/2017 at 12:59, CaptainLorca said:

Well... I think.. they just hope to take over, when BTC drops.

Altcoins run as long as the people want it to.

Most people into alt coins usually buy them when they see bitcoin increasing so they get more alts. And later again divert their funds back to btc to gain more strength and this they do repeatedly and become super rich! 

important point is features .. so if a coin presents unique features and bugless system then it will be valued and will live longer.

sadly no life for clones/alts.they are made for stealing peoples money since creators have no logical purpose at creating it.

5 hours ago, Ngoma said:

Most people into alt coins usually buy them when they see bitcoin increasing so they get more alts. And later again divert their funds back to btc to gain more strength and this they do repeatedly and become super rich! 

Some buy alt coins in case they boom like btc, theyd be millionaire xD and im one of em lol 

On 12/17/2017 at 05:46, CaptainLorca said:

Not really. Wouldn‘t be a shame to own some.. maybe the worth rises by time

What about the odds of buying a whole coin at the current price and the price goes down? This is majorly the fear of people from 2nd and 3rd world precise the 3rd! It surely cos a fortune to acquire one and they can't imagine buying one then it crumbles down... That's a big bust for an investor! 

For me Bitcoin proved in the last weeks that he's just not sustainable as a global currency. Too much fees, to many unconfirmed transactions, ... they can make it better but not to the point of a day to day usage around the world. But I still believe that he will have a better value than now, he will be use mostly by people who will hold it, like some do with real gold for example.

But for the common usage it will be an altcoin. IOTA have a great technology were more there is transactions more  faster the network is. Don't know if they will be the one but it's interesting. 

Actually BTC has around 50% of the total market cap, It will fall under 25% in 2018.

On 14/12/2017 at 11:38, Dboyeric said:

there is always a future for all coins, its either the coin boom in price or remain in price. example is dogecoin 

I kind of disagree with this one actually. There is a future for most coins, not all. A lot of them will soon become dead once people realize that the coins won't explode like all the others did.