CaptainLorca

Which coding program?

On 12/1/2017 at 00:34, CaptainLorca said:

Hey..

i have a question.. obviously. I‘m using a mac and the program „textwrangler“ for my coding.. but I‘m afraid that there are better programs. 

Coding standards like html, css, JavaScript, php.

Which do you use and whaz could you recommend?

Hey @CaptainLorca!

My go-to editor is “Atom” from the GitHub team (https://atom.io/). It’s awesome because it’s fully customizable — you can access the CSS stylesheet for your editor’s UI and customize every aspect of this, and there are a lot of community packages and add-ons for specific language syntax highlighting, autocomplete, snippets and so much more. Tons of keystroke shortcuts that are also customizable of course and if you utilize they can really speed up your dev. Give it a try and let me know if you have any questions, I’d be happy to walk you through it sometime. Good luck!

Edited by jbenjaminy
Fixes spelling error

19 minutes ago, CaptainLorca said:

Downloaded it... its an update.. better then my usual programm.. autofill.. thats nice!

I think I'll stay with that program :D

Nice, yeah it’s the best imo lemme know if you have any questions about it.

3 minutes ago, enhuush said:

Hello Lorca! Im using Wordpress :D 

Thats more than a wrong answer for my topic xD... haha

1 minute ago, jbenjaminy said:

Nice, yeah it’s the best imo lemme know if you have any questions about it.

So far not.. but I'll come back to you. Need to get a feeling that the program writes for me.. like closing ( or { :D

It doesn’t (there may be packages for that, but I’ve never used them if there are), but you don’t want it to imo if you’re trying to build your programming skills. Just use a linter :P