Photon1

The Ignorance about Bitcoin

Unlike in Asian countries, I've realised that many people in Africa are still facing ignorance as far as Bitcoin is concerned. This is mainly due to the lack of enough technological gadgets like laptops and smartphones, which would enable such transactions.

This is why we as Africans have missed out on the wonderful Bitcoin growth which would have enabled atleast a good number to invest and earn in Bitcoin.

Worse still, we most of us are still ignorant about the new and promising cryptocurrencies like Onecoin, Stellarcoin, and many others. I just hope many can be sensitized in order to develop effortlessly.

You cannot "sensitize" someone to use bitcoin. Its their call and not yours. If they believe that bitcoin is a scam and you rope them into it - you will be held responsible for promoting bitcoin, even if we all know that the crypto market is very volatile and losses happen every time. For potential investors bitcoin is nowadays considered something for the "elite" class since its so "overpriced". Do you think your fellow countrymen think the same or differ?

2 hours ago, Photon1 said:

Unlike in Asian countries, I've realised that many people in Africa are still facing ignorance as far as Bitcoin is concerned. This is mainly due to the lack of enough technological gadgets like laptops and smartphones, which would enable such transactions.

This is why we as Africans have missed out on the wonderful Bitcoin growth which would have enabled atleast a good number to invest and earn in Bitcoin.

Worse still, we most of us are still ignorant about the new and promising cryptocurrencies like Onecoin, Stellarcoin, and many others. I just hope many can be sensitized in order to develop effortlessly.

In our place, very few people knows about bitcoin , I guess they are not really exposed to internet and the web :( , I am lucky to get to know bitcoin this year

2 hours ago, Photon1 said:

In our place, very few people knows about bitcoin , I guess they are not really exposed to internet and the web :( , I am lucky to get to know bitcoin this year

7 hours ago, Photon1 said:

Stay ignorant about Onecoin, it's a scam ^^

I think a misconception is to believe that european/americans all know about bitcoin and crypto. I'm in a big european city and around me i was the only one who knew about it 5-6 months ago. Now most of my friends know at least what it is about but only because i told them about it. My guess is less than 10% of people know what crypto is and even less than that know how it works.

Yeah.. Africa may be not that far.. but I think if they're joining in, on the long road. it will be a huge profit for africa and make a lot of things easier there. 

Still.. that means something for the rest of the world. When bitcoin has a huge impact on one continent, it changes the whole market. Maybe swift statuses of single persons. Who knows? I think in countries or a continent like africa could make any possible profit out of it. Does not mean profit = gettin rich quickly. On the other hand, it could be the opposit for other people in richer regions.

We should not forget that we have some pioneers that are really ambitiously to build an internet infrastructure and gettin the people on a computer. Which is good, from my POW.

Well, it's due to lack of exposure to the things on the internet. The leaders are mainly analog users and won't step down for digital leaders to come on board and run things how it should be properly runner!