Caashia

Is Bitcoin gambling?

I think it depends on what you use it for. Like the post above, is using bitcoin to purchase something considered gambling?

If you are transferring bitcoin to a wallet where you bet bitcoin for more bitcoin, then yes I would consider it gambling

For me (but it's really personnal) the difference between investment and gambling is based on the long-term/short-term and the volatility of the market.

I invest in gold/silver or real estate because they are backed-up by long term data. I gamble by investing in BTC because of the volatility and everything who can still happen in this market. But if everything go according to the plan BTC will be considered as an investment in the future.

2 hours ago, Kargai said:

For me (but it's really personnal) the difference between investment and gambling is based on the long-term/short-term and the volatility of the market.

I invest in gold/silver or real estate because they are backed-up by long term data. I gamble by investing in BTC because of the volatility and everything who can still happen in this market. But if everything go according to the plan BTC will be considered as an investment in the future.

Your investments are correct. Gold and real estate has never been cheaper;)

22 hours ago, rembo2 said:

Your investments are correct. Gold and real estate has never been cheaper;)

Especially Silver. The ratio with Gold was always 12 to 15x and since few years it's more around 60x-70x. 

With the higher demand of silver for electronics, solar panels & robotics or battery ... i bet the price will increase in the next few years more than Gold. But it's still a bet ;) 

Investing doesnt mean gambling nor gambling means investing. They are two different word with different meaning. I agree with @MikeHawk it depends on where you use it for. Some uses bitcoin for their business where they can get a profit while some use it for entertainment. Investing on something requires research, statistics and analysis to decide, while gambling, you leave it on your luck. Im pretty sure you started in bitcoin because you learned that you can profit from it based on other's experience? Thats investing for ya.