Caashia

Gender equality

Do you think that men and woman are treated equally in society? Are we still living in a patriarchal society?
if not , what are the ways you suggest to promote equality in society ? Do you even believe in equality?

If you are woman, do you feel uncomfortable at times if there are sexual comments or offensive inferior male dominated behaviour? Do you ignore it and let it continue or do you draw the line early on? Is it better to draw the line or do you see it as stupid and unequivocal and see it as 'their' problem if they want to act that way and carry on? 

Is there some other way to overcome disrespect, is it even disrespectful? Is gender equality some sort of intellectual term that creates a divide?

I believe travelling and first hand experience gives you a good perspective on different cultures and how each one is different, some can be quite chauvinistic; not saying all men are, but it has varying degrees of intensity, especially in a patriarchal societies. 

Well I can understand the women sometimes feel subjugated in a world that they imagine "Dominated by men" but that's not the case anymore and I think the world is changing. People are more inclined to accept what was socially considered as taboo a decade back like gay rights, trans rights and obviously they deserve as much right as any other human being. I am for equality for all human being to have them same human rights. For gender I am all for gender "equity" . Often in defense of gender equality we try to equalize men and women in their physical, morphological and emotional parts which are naturally different. And trying to equalize them against nature's rule proves to be counter productive. If women are physically weaker than men, are they inferior as a human being? Obviously not. So this stigma like "if you are physically or mentally weaker means you are inferior" must be eroded from defense movements and we must strive towards a world where gender uniqueness is respected and goal is equity for all. So yeah.. :)

Edited by Soyeb Akter

gender equality is a serious easy, the women's want the men's have, since that is the case men and women should place football men vs women, and we'll know if what men can do, women can do better!

Nowadays men and women are still not treated equally. I am lucky I live in a country where women are fairly treated. It's sad to see news and articles where women are still having a hard time applying for the job that they like. Oh specially those countries where it is a common thing to throw acid on their face. Such cruelty ! >:(

On 20/12/2017 at 04:50, Dboyeric said:

gender equality is a serious easy, the women's want the men's have, since that is the case men and women should place football men vs women, and we'll know if what men can do, women can do better!

Gender equality cannot be measured physically.

With testosterone that men. Faster muscle development and growth.

Vs women who will do the same workout with less results..

Men have higher chances in winning on football no questions there.

If there is a foot ball team for women and

women vs women thats gender equality.

Equality is giving the same opportunity that guys can experience.

E.g. Becoming a chairman

Before there was a "chairperson" a lot of debate raised that you can't be a "chairMAN" your a woman..

The role of a woman in the life of a man is very important. Men obviously are the head. But women are the neck that gives direction to the head. 

So I think women are as important as the men

It's sad to still see some society discriminating. We've all being giving  intellectual capacity as humans. Where I choose to be shouldn't be judged by my gender but by my capacity to perform.

I think it's not fair to raise the issue if gender equality, cause most times woman are been over protected. Most times women have been crying for the gender equality but can't keep it together themselves. A woman can slap a man and get away with it in the society but if a man should try it everybody would call him a woman beater. Women are mostly treated fairly than men. In the army to be precise women are always favoured after men so I should say that woman are been treated almost if not more better off than men 

Women have equal right as men. Gender equality shouldn't be a hindrance to our development and growth. Whoever is capable to take us to the next level be it male or female, should literally take the lead