Jump to content
Mistletoe

What is the first program you ever coded

Recommended Posts

For a while.. think... 16 years.. with a almost 6-8 years no coding. Then quit my job.. didn't get the new one.. livin on wellfare.. had enough working for someone else who just stops me.. started getting into Swift syntax, now trying somehow to understand the friggin framework. But back then only web dev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Noahbreezy said:

My first program was a bash program to bypass Admin needs. It eventually got patched so...

It was written in simple bash.

we wrote a bash at school to attack the whole network with message outputs. Made it impossible for everyone in the school to work on pcs at this moment. Haha... still funny when I think of this.. haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CaptainLorca said:

we wrote a bash at school to attack the whole network with message outputs. Made it impossible for everyone in the school to work on pcs at this moment. Haha... still funny when I think of this.. haha

I've tried a similar program but it doesn't work anymore with the latest anti-viruses and Malware protections and stuff. Even a simple windows 7+ won't allow you to do this anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CaptainLorca said:

For a while.. think... 16 years.. with a almost 6-8 years no coding. Then quit my job.. didn't get the new one.. livin on wellfare.. had enough working for someone else who just stops me.. started getting into Swift syntax, now trying somehow to understand the friggin framework. But back then only web dev

Ahh wow thats a long one. And yeah, swift is a good one. For iOS platform. Android and Windows are too crowded to work on. Hard to think of new a app that hasnt been developed before. (My probably when i was still studying lol)

5 hours ago, Noahbreezy said:

My first program was a bash program to bypass Admin needs. It eventually got patched so...

It was written in simple bash.

Haha this must be fun. Only made a batch file in school to remotely shutdown my mates pcs xD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mistletoe said:

Haha this must be fun. Only made a batch file in school to remotely shutdown my mates pcs xD.

Ir really is!! I had more power than the teacher so I'd always fuck up the lessons that he was giving. I was able to control his pc from my pc and I'd shut it down or go to malicious sites and other noncense. xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Noahbreezy said:

Ir really is!! I had more power than the teacher so I'd always fuck up the lessons that he was giving. I was able to control his pc from my pc and I'd shut it down or go to malicious sites and other noncense. xD 

Haha.. we sent messages via cmd and bash to mess with other pupils pcs in class. Made the computer unuseable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2017 at 18:30, Mistletoe said:

I pretty sure that all of us, our first ever program is a "Hello World". Aside from this static program, what is the first working program you made and in what programming language?

 

Mine is a program that accepts a number and it will output if the number is even or odd. It was written in C using TurboC++ xD

omg wish im good on computer. btw @Mistletoe congrats on your tag... since i meet you on other games i know you are computer wizard :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CaptainLorca said:

Haha.. we sent messages via cmd and bash to mess with other pupils pcs in class. Made the computer unuseable

Those were the good old times!! Just because I was able to ""hack" school pcs I was respected by almost every single student. :P 

9 hours ago, Mistletoe said:

Hard to think of new a app that hasnt been developed before

That's the hardest part these days... So much things have already been invented, it's hard to find new ones. Time machine pls! :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Noahbreezy said:

Those were the good old times!! Just because I was able to ""hack" school pcs I was respected by almost every single student. :P 

That's the hardest part these days... So much things have already been invented, it's hard to find new ones. Time machine pls! :D 

Yeah. You were like a master if you were able to do that, haha.. good old times :)

well.. app.. you need a good idea.. it must be well programmed and myust have a beautiful UI with actual standards 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CaptainLorca said:

well.. app.. you need a good idea.. it must be well programmed and myust have a beautiful UI with actual standards 

finding the idea is the hardest part. Everything already exists, you'll need a lot of fantasy to find a good idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@merlyn22 these guys above me are the comp wiz. I just happen to know what they're talking about! xD

@Noahbreezy @CaptainLorca thinking of something NEW was my biggest challenge when i was still studying. Mostly everything is already devloped specially in android and windows. What i realized recently is that the apps that booms are usually the simplest. As long as its addictive xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CaptainLorca said:

Yeah. Or you think of making something better or something everyone in a genre haven‘t done and fill in that gap 

yup but I think , there is always some one who will create an app and stand out above the rest xD though it happens rarely hahah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CaptainLorca said:

Exactly. The most people tryin to realize a project, which is just to big. 

Always keep it simple.. and sometimes is less more. And flappy.m bird made a lot of money through adverts.. I think the creator is a millionaire

Yes simple games are the games that booms now. With So many games available out there; people now prefer simple games that they can play during their free time or like when waiting.

Even this simple toy boomed

5a204c0a36b92_images(4).jpeg.bff209705ff16a5e8b5bf9ecd928c3f1.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×