Mistletoe

What is the First Program you ever Coded

I pretty sure that all of us, our first ever program is a "Hello World". Aside from this static program, what is the first working program you made and in what programming language?

Mine is a program that accepts a number and it will output if the number is even or odd. It was written in C using TurboC++ xD

11 minutes ago, Mistletoe said:

I pretty sure that all of us, our first ever program is a "Hello World". Aside from this static program, what is the first working program you made and in what programming language?

this is my first and last programxD

I can't remember the first program I coded (using a PL), but it was with C++, also used TurboC++.

But the first time I really did code, not with a programming language, but with a markup language, is when I am at secondary school. A website for my Twitter page using HTML (not a PL) and CSS. While doing this project, I found out that I have my side of being a programmer xD

2 hours ago, eldrindcm said:

I can't remember the first program I coded (using a PL), but it was with C++, also used TurboC++.

But the first time I really did code, not with a programming language, but with a markup language, is when I am at secondary school. A website for my Twitter page using HTML (not a PL) and CSS. While doing this project, I found out that I have my side of being a programmer xD

i wish i had these html css classes too when i was in school. Man i was weaving baskets and coloring shells in my school xD

14 minutes ago, Ssociety said:

Every programmer started with that , but @Mistletoe said that aside from that what is the first program you created ;)

My second program aside hello world was to check whether the number is even or odd :)

I remeber i did a simple calculator for one od my subject. a grade converter, you input the grades in number and it will give you the equivalent grade in letter system. Its in c++ i think. It gave me headache tbh. 

1 hour ago, mgod said:

I remeber i did a simple calculator for one od my subject. a grade converter, you input the grades in number and it will give you the equivalent grade in letter system. Its in c++ i think. It gave me headache tbh. 

haha i coded my first program in java

7 hours ago, Bitcoinani said:

My second program aside hello world was to check whether the number is even or odd :)

Same here! Odd or even program xD

6 hours ago, mgod said:

i had this as homework too! 

4 hours ago, CaptainLorca said:

My first program.. no idea.. but my first project was my own blog software. Never finished it completely or brought AJAX (back then) in. Today I would rather use a existing CMS and put a good selfmade theme on it. 

Haha i remember my first website too, looks perfect on my screen but fudged up on a bigger screen xD and yeah saves time and energy to use CMS. Or at least bootsrap. 

3 minutes ago, Mistletoe said:

Haha i remember my first website too, looks perfect on my screen but fudged up on a bigger screen xD and yeah saves time and energy to use CMS. Or at least bootsrap. 

I'd like to hear your rap about boots!

Yeah.. back then it was easier without all the tablet and smartphone stuff! Today everything must be responsive. As i checked up whats new to web dev a half year ago.. i would have spit my coffee, if I would drink it.

Actually workin on a project with a friend.. better said.. he is for the algorithm.. and I have to make it workin on a pc.. 

So.. dunno jquery or what.. but even php changed so hard.. need to catch up a lot of stuff.. but learning by doin is a very good strategy

29 minutes ago, CaptainLorca said:

I'd like to hear your rap about boots!

Yeah.. back then it was easier without all the tablet and smartphone stuff! Today everything must be responsive. As i checked up whats new to web dev a half year ago.. i would have spit my coffee, if I would drink it.

Actually workin on a project with a friend.. better said.. he is for the algorithm.. and I have to make it workin on a pc.. 

So.. dunno jquery or what.. but even php changed so hard.. need to catch up a lot of stuff.. but learning by doin is a very good strategy

Lol i meant bootstrap! xD

Yeah computers updates/upgrades so fast. Hard to keep up with so many new great frameworks and stuffs. Hard to decide which to study first xD

Idk how many years now since i stopped with programming. But html5 was pretty new back then. Til now no idea whats new about it xD

1 minute ago, Mistletoe said:

Lol i meant bootstrap! xD

Yeah computers updates/upgrades so fast. Hard to keep up with so many new great frameworks and stuffs. Hard to decide which to study first xD

Idk how many years now since i stopped with programming. But html5 was pretty new back then. Til now no idea whats new about it xD

HTML5 is.. more compatible with other languages. More thought through. Easier to understand and use. Some of the functions are pretty neat