Noahbreezy

Minergate - A miner for Windows, Mac OSX and Android!

Hi folks!

These are all the links you might need:

Minergate is a miner that allows you to mine with your laptop, PC, tablet or smartphone. Even though I don't recommend to mine with a tablet or smartphone, I have to say that it works. It's just not profitable in short terms. But on the other hand, if you've got a decent laptop or PC with GPU, you will be able to make profit! I, for example, mined 25 bytecoins and 0.3 Dashcoins in 7 hours with my Acer Aspire VX 15 laptop. During these 7 hours I edited a little video of 3 minutes, I visited the forum, I sent emails, did some work, learned some programming and did some other little stuff like sending messages trough facebook. In total I left my PC alone with Minergate and a chrome webbrowser window for 2-3 hours of the 7 hours. Get some look at my laptop's specs to have your idea. My laptop's CPU mines at around 50 to 60 H/s (using 2 cores not 4) and my laptop's GPU mines at around 300 H/s. (tested mining Dashcoin, Bytecoin and Monero) On a decent tablet or smartphone, you'll mine at around 6-7 H/s.

59eb627f49f9c_2017-10-21(1).thumb.png.21bb39f1c5725c908ba8c51543bc8fd2.png

This picture was taken during those 7 hours. As you can see I mined a little bit before too. Minergate, supports more currencies than the ones shown.

If now you start mining with Minergate (see links at the beginning of this post) you'll notice that it has a very easy to use interface.

I'll explain the tabs' funtions:

• The wallet is not exactly a simple wallet, it's just like your PD wallet, your coins stay there until you withdraw to your own wallet. Now, let's say you only have a bitcoin wallet and you want to withdraw Dashcoins: For this you'll need a Changelly account (see links at the beginning of this post). You can see how it works here: 

59eb6885dd0f2_2017-10-21(4).thumb.png.ef55dfddf542b73c4a60ecd1dc1c9531.png

Dogecoin is used as an example here.

• The Smart Miner will automatically mine the most profitable currency of the last hour.
  • The Miner tab allows you to manually pick the currency you want to mine. You can pick the number of cores you want your cpu to use and you can pick the intensity your GPU has to run at. With some currncies you can do merged mining, this means your CPU and GPU will mine together not apart. Iself do not completely understand what type of merged mining is best but they all work well.
  • The Bencmark tab allows you t run tests on your hardware, it will tell you if your hardware is good to mine with. Do not overrate it's results, it's not because that you get very good as result that you'll get rich with just your laptop.
  • The achievement tab shows some achievements you have to accomplish. When completed all tasks you'll get Minergate's Prize. I do not know what the Prize is but you can find a lot of the achievements on the internet. At Minergate's forum for example: https://forum.minergate.com/viewtopic.php?t=1282 .

If you looked at Minergate's supported currencies you'll see that most likelynot all of them are showing on your laptop, this is because mining, for example, bitcoin will not deliver you any coins because the mining difficulty is too high or too difficult. If you know how to mine with special hardware you can configure your hardware to mine with Minergate's pools. And with that special hardware you will be able to mine bitcoin such. 

If you've got any further questions, I'll be there to answer. Please do a bit of your own research! It's important to have your own impressions and conclusions about mining, they may be the same as mine but they might be diffirent too. 

I put a lot of effort testing Minergate and writing this post with the most details possible, please don't come here just to say you think mining is not profitable in any way! If it's not profitable for you, it might for others. It depends on your PC/laptop's specs.

Edited by Noahbreezy

1 minute ago, Kurian said:

lol i love this part " But if you are an ungrateful, not honorable and selfish person and you don't want to use my link then just type minergate.com" xDxD 

Haha, I knew some people would like it! 

But what do you think of the miner? Do you use it already or you never tried?

7 minutes ago, Kurian said:

i don't use it.. PC mining is not profitable.

.... ¬¬

Did you read the end of my post? :|

36 minutes ago, Noahbreezy said:

I put a lot of effort testing Minergate and writing this post with the most details possible, please don't come here just to say you think mining is not profitable in any way! If it's not profitable for you, it might for others. It depends on your PC/laptop's specs.

Just now, rembo2 said:

I'll try it at work. Home pc do not want to use.:D

Good idea! And using work's power source you don't even have to pay for electricity! My god, you're a genious, gonna do the same!

3 minutes ago, Kurian said:

yeah i did.. but, actually it's true i think.. i have an account in minergate.. as you suggested i'm going to give it a try.

How much H/s do you get? What coin do you mine?

3 minutes ago, Kurian said:

what's your computer specification ? i get only 33H or something... lol i'm a techno retard.

Haha, 33h/s is not profitable indeed. I have an Acer Aspire VX 15 laptop. It has a intel core i5 7th generation CPU and a  NVIDEA Geforce GTX 1050 GPU. 

49 minutes ago, Noahbreezy said:

Get some look at my laptop's specs to have your idea. My laptop's CPU mines at around 50 to 60 H/s (using 2 cores not 4) and my laptop's GPU mines at around 300 H/s. (tested mining Dashcoin, Bytecoin and Monero) On a decent tablet or smartphone, you'll mine at around 6-7 H/s.

I don't use my cpu's max capacity because i still want to be able to browse without lags.

Edited by Noahbreezy

1 minute ago, Mistletoe said:

we were talking about this a while ago. Didn't know you made a thread for this. And also didn't know that I can also try it on an android phone :D

I have a coupe of scrap android phone here. i think rested long enough to get back on the job and mine >: )

I suggest that if you mine with phones you pick a coin that has a very low mining difficulty. You better avoid bigger coins when using a phone as this will not be as profitable as when mining for little coins.

10 minutes ago, Noahbreezy said:

I suggest that if you mine with phones you pick a coin that has a very low mining difficulty. You better avoid bigger coins when using a phone as this will not be as profitable as when mining for little coins.

how will i know which coin has a low difficulty? based on the price or these numbers below?
image.thumb.png.aee93b73279a0b3e10862fa639beb89a.png

haven't tried mining before xD

1 hour ago, Mistletoe said:

how will i know which coin has a low difficulty? based on the price or these numbers below?
image.thumb.png.aee93b73279a0b3e10862fa639beb89a.png

haven't tried mining before xD

You can google it. Just type "current mining difficulty" and you should get some websites that offer answers. I currently mine XMR with laptop but it's not really giving me a lot. All prices have gone up so more ppl mine which means the mining difficulty has quickly gone up. Soon mining will not be profitable anymore for anyone except for those who have rigs or special shareware.

9 minutes ago, Noahbreezy said:

You can google it. Just type "current mining difficulty" and you should get some websites that offer answers. I currently mine XMR with laptop but it's not really giving me a lot. All prices have gone up so more ppl mine which means the mining difficulty has quickly gone up. Soon mining will not be profitable anymore for anyone except for those who have rigs or special shareware.

ahh alright. well i don't think theyll add the coins that aren't in demand, will they?

im still curious what are those numbers below the coins means xD 

1 hour ago, Mistletoe said:

ahh alright. well i don't think theyll add the coins that aren't in demand, will they?

im still curious what are those numbers below the coins means xD 

No they probably won't, which is logic. 

Those numbers represent the hashpower of something, depends on where you found them. 

56 minutes ago, Noahbreezy said:

I'd agree actually, it was very profitable in the past but now I suggest you buy hashpower or you buy a rig to mine. I'm about to stop mining with my lappy as well actually.

Have you tried mining using a rig? Or you know someone using at least? I have many questions about mining using a rig xD

3 hours ago, Noahbreezy said:

I know someone who does with a little rig. (7 GPU's) What'd you like to know?

How much is the rig, how much he earn per day, how much electricity it costs per day, how much profit he gets and how long before he was able to recover the money he invested in the rig :\