Mistletoe

What is the most in demand PL today?

On 10/21/2017 at 11:14, Mistletoe said:

My skills and knowledge in coding has been outdated due to a long break(years). I am seeing a lot of new PLs and scripts I am unfamiliar with.  For you,  what is the most in demand PL these days?

I think Python, Java and C are still the top trending/leading programming languages. Never tried Python but many are saying that it is a must learn PL.

On 10/21/2017 at 11:39, MegaBetzZz said:

yes of course

Stop spamming, bro. One thing is for sure, you won’t get the 0.001 giveaway.

4 minutes ago, eldrindcm said:

Never tried Python but many are saying that it is a must learn PL.

I think they say you should learn Python for starters because it learns you the basics of programming. I skipped python and started with HTML first, then I'll try Css afterwards I'll see for a bit of Java. AND I want to learn SQL for sure!

8 minutes ago, Noahbreezy said:

I think they say you should learn Python for starters because it learns you the basics of programming. I skipped python and started with HTML first, then I'll try Css afterwards I'll see for a bit of Java. AND I want to learn SQL for sure!

If you are into web development, those programming languages you’ve stated are the ones you must learn first :) I also started with those PL too.

4 minutes ago, eldrindcm said:

If you are into web development, those programming languages you’ve stated are the ones you must learn first :) I also started with those PL too.

THX bro, I only started few weeks ago. But got it all planned out!

I don't want to do web development only. What kind of other activities would you recommend me to do?

@eldrindcm I see. Thank you and yeah, I know those PLs. I guess im not that outdated yet. Maybe with just frameworks/libs ^^ 

@Noahbreezy those are for webdevs. Html, css, javascript/jquery/J-etc those are for your front end (interface) while PHP for your backend (or whatever PL you prefer).

SQL on the other hand is what you use to communicate with your database.

Your choice of PLs also depends on what you are gonna be making. Right now that Im starting to say Hi in this world again, im currently eyeing for an arduino. I havent played with it yet but based on what it can do, it looks exciting :D

4 minutes ago, Mistletoe said:

Right now that Im starting to say Hi in this world again, im currently eyeing for an arduino. I havent played with it yet but based on what it can do, it looks exciting :D

I once did a workshop with them and believe me, you can have  a lot of fun with them!