eldrindcm

BITCOIN GOLD (BTG)

BITCOIN GOLD (BTG)  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Bitcoin Gold (BTG)?

• Interesting
    • Exciting
    • Crap
    • Don’t care

At the beginning of the year it was only Bitcoin, August onwards we have Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash and it looks like November onwards we will have three different versions of Bitcoin. The Bitcoin blockchain is set to go through a second hard fork on 25th Oct giving birth to Bitcoin Gold (BTG). Existing private key holders of Bitcoin balance at the time of fork will be credited with an equal amount of Bitcoin Gold on November 1st, similar to the way Bitcoin holders received dividend during the birth of Bitcoin Cash.

(c) Another fork? Bitcoin Gold?

Surely all these forks are too many.
However, the most important thing is to make no mistakes, which can compromise the security of our coins. 

Some useful info:

How can I get Bitcoin Gold?
The Bitcoin Gold (BTG) initial coin distribution method is exactly the same as that used by Bitcoin Cash (BCH). All Bitcoin holders who possess BTC private keys on the October 25 (block 491 407) will receive Bitcoin Gold on the rate of 1 BTC = 1 BTC (If you have 20 BTC you will receive 20 BTG). You need to control BTC private keys in order to make Bitcoin Gold transactions.

What wallet should I keep my BTC in to make sure I get my free BTG?
Any secure Bitcoin wallet that gives the user exclusive control of the cryptographic private keys is a suitable location to store your coins prior to the October 25 fork. Some wallets may offer you direct access to your BTG, while others may require you to take additional technical steps. Verified wallets that support BTC and BTG side-by-side will be listed on the Bitcoin Gold home page. We will publish guides for retrieving BTG from the most popular wallets, including Bitcoin Core, Electrum, Mycelium, hardware wallets, paper wallets, and more.

If I have BTC in long-term cold storage, do I need to move it somewhere else to get free BTG?
No. If you have BTC in a paper wallet, hardware wallet, multi-signature address, or any other form of secure private key storage, you will be able to claim your corresponding BTG at any time in the future. There is no expiration date for claiming your free BTG. If you have BTC in cold storage that you did not plan to touch for many years, do not change your plans because of this fork. Your free BTG will still be there decades from now.

On 20/10/2017 at 14:50, Kurian said:

Anyone know which wallet supports bitcoin gold?

There aren't official news yet.

Official FAQ:

Any secure Bitcoin wallet that gives the user exclusive control of the cryptographic private keys is a suitable location to store your coins prior to the October 25 fork. Some wallets may offer you direct access to your BTG, while others may require you to take additional technical steps. Verified wallets that support BTC and BTG side-by-side will be listed on the Bitcoin Gold home page. We will publish guides for retrieving BTG from the most popular wallets, including Bitcoin Core, Electrum, Mycelium, hardware wallets, paper wallets, and more.

17 hours ago, michelozzo said:

bitcoin gold is alternative to bitcoin after fork?

What do tou mean with alternative?

It will be another coin, with its own priceless quotation.

At the moment, however, there is much more confidence in bitcoin.
And bitcoin gold should lose value

Edited by NeStore

5 minutes ago, NeStore said:

There aren't official news yet.

Official FAQ:

What do tou mean with alternative?

It will be another coin, with its own priceless quotation.

At the moment, however, there is much more confidence in bitcoin.
And bitcoin gold should lose value

some people say it could replace bitcoin but I do not believe it ...

there is no much mining app for this coin yet, only minergate, but if you have any alternative way of mining it, please tell us because i want to try it