MateuszHDHR1

Better faucet should be unlocking on less than 10btc

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

I don't understand which side of the argument you are on, but the faucet costs Primedice at least half a bitcoin a month (from memory.) Also when counting the amount of BTC wagered, its not almost given to PD.... only the house edge is, and that's an average figure, it doesn't actually mean that's how much PD is guaranteed at all, PD is provably fair so there's nothing done to guarantee we make profit. The faucet is something that is going to potentially change over time to adjusted for price changes, that's just how it works.

I agree with you, faucet is only for us when busted or hunting some, not our target. And i think faucet of PD is ok, not high but enough because PD is provably fair. Almost gamble site have low faucet. Dont blame about PD faucet when u have not as loyal member. We can earn profit from our deposit and many game, tip from MOD, Support.

I also think people are unrealistic on how much the house edge actually earns Primedice. Do you think changing the faucet 5 cents would be such a big deal to Primedice if it was making heaps of money? No it wouldn't. How can anyone say that lowering a faucet is being greedy? Hope that puts things into perspective.

10 hours ago, Dan said:

I don't understand which side of the argument you are on, but the faucet costs Primedice at least half a bitcoin a month (from memory.) Also when counting the amount of BTC wagered, its not almost given to PD.... only the house edge is, and that's an average figure, it doesn't actually mean that's how much PD is guaranteed at all, PD is provably fair so there's nothing done to guarantee we make profit. The faucet is something that is going to potentially change over time to adjusted for price changes, that's just how it works.

I just don't want faucet to be lowered any more. The faucet is perfectly fine as it is now.

I thought you guys lost almost 1btc a week for faucets so that's even less than I thought.

I never said that primedice is not fair. But you forget the law of the large numbers I think... This means that if you bet 50k times at 1.98x you'll maybe have around 70% or 130% of your starting balance BUT when betting 1 million times at 1.98x you should be back around the same amount as in the beginning. Since the chance of winning is 50%. 

Again, I'm ok with how it is now. I'm just against lowering the faucet. If one day (assuming the btc price is around the same) you decide that the faucet should be increased, that's fine by me I won't say no. :) 

On 11/12/2017 at 05:28, Noahbreezy said:

I just don't want faucet to be lowered any more. The faucet is perfectly fine as it is now.

I thought you guys lost almost 1btc a week for faucets so that's even less than I thought.

I never said that primedice is not fair. But you forget the law of the large numbers I think... This means that if you bet 50k times at 1.98x you'll maybe have around 70% or 130% of your starting balance BUT when betting 1 million times at 1.98x you should be back around the same amount as in the beginning. Since the chance of winning is 50%. 

Again, I'm ok with how it is now. I'm just against lowering the faucet. If one day (assuming the btc price is around the same) you decide that the faucet should be increased, that's fine by me I won't say no. :) 

I think that 1 BTC/week figure given by Edward(?) was prior to the significant faucet reduction, tighter claim limit, and the recent automated banning based on patterns of abuse.

I do hope that these measures are sufficient to keep abusers in check, but I suppose time will tell...