johnjeff

How do you store your bitcoins?

8 minutes ago, johnjeff said:

Hello everyone as the title says ^
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?

I store the larger quantities with cold storage (electrum, myelectrumwallet).
For faucets, I use wallet online (Coinpot, Xapo)

What kind of wallets I do not recommend to use?

Here is one basic rule:

Do not give ANYONE your private key.

This means - do not use any of these wallets:

Online web wallets, like  Neoweb wallet, all wallets which keep the private key on their servers.

buy bitcoin online

For a question of security i store bitcoin different ways.

For example some bitcoin/statoshi i store on phisical wallet, some on electronic wallet. 

Futhermore i use three different electronic wallet. with two security keys.....

Important: don't use skype when you open your wallet...

6 minutes ago, michelozzo said:

For a question of security i store bitcoin different ways.

For example some bitcoin/statoshi i store on phisical wallet, some on electronic wallet. 

Futhermore i use three different electronic wallet. with two security keys.....

Important: don't use skype when you open your wallet...

Why not? Cuz  I have my Skype open 24/7 D:

Edited by Mistletoe

I always store my BTC on a hard wallet - I purchased a Ledger Nano S about a year ago before they became scare for like $50 and it was the best $50 I've ever spent in regards to BTC. Not only does it ensure that my coins are 100% safe, but its so easy to use. Like when BCH came out, they made it seamless to claim them. They'll most likely have a similar update for the wallet as soon as Bitcoin Gold gets their stuff together.

I highly recommend using a hard wallet over any other method if you have enough coins that are valuable to you. The Ledger works with various coins including BTC, BCH, LTC, XRP, ETH, ETC, and various others =)

33 minutes ago, michelozzo said:

blockchain have a hard fees...

Not only that but I don't trust a web-based wallet as my primary BTC wallet - Its just asking for something to go wrong and have your funds stolen or whatnot. I'd definitely recommend a hardwallet for anyone who is actually serious about holding BTC that is actually worth anything. You may not think its necessary now, but once you have your wallet hacked or funds taken from you, then you'll see why hardwallets exist =)

Paper wallets can also be just as effective if done properly, however spending from a paper wallet is a PITA - No reason to use a paper wallet these days with the introduction of so many competent hard wallets.