Mistletoe

Name that Animal/Insect

9 hours ago, bakso said:

BeetleCroach :D

After I saw on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDIvSoQn_po

Difference Between Cockroach and Beetle

I think OP's image is beetle

I dont its a beetlecroach because it's antenna isn't thin and long.. 

2 hours ago, merlyn22 said:

Is that kuliglig. ? Look like bettle but color black with 2 horns?  Here in my place lots of kuliglig

You mean Cicadas? Their wings are shorter and more solid than cicadas. And i would know if they're cicads because of their sound :/

2 hours ago, DreamStage said:

scarab?

Scarabs body shape is circular :/

3 hours ago, RabMalfoy said:

or around, since their horns isn't exactly the same.

One thing is confirm, its a bettle lols xD

Finally! Thanks Rab!  I knew about click beetle since a kid but I didn't know that that one I found was also a click beetle. Didn't know they could grow that big!

If I only knew that it was a click beetle I would've played with it xD

2 minutes ago, Mistletoe said:

Finally! Thanks Rab!  I knew about click beetle since a kid but I didn't know that that one I found was also a click beetle. Didn't know they could grow that big!

If I only knew that it was a click beetle I would've played with it xD

but here in our province we call it kuliglig bcoz of the disturbing sounds.. i know it was a family of beetles family of salagubang :) 

2 minutes ago, merlyn22 said:

but here in our province we call it kuliglig bcoz of the disturbing sounds.. i know it was a family of beetles family of salagubang :) 

I bet you are referring to this 59cb39bc58a6a_images(14).jpg.f71483167c7ba1e35f70d7b66991b9ef.jpg

It's called cicada. Small but super noisy especially at nights. And guess what, the sound is produced by shaking its genitals :D

The one on the top is a click beetle. it doesn't make any sound aside from the "click" sound produce whenever it smash its head. I used to play with it with my friends before. The stronger the "click" sound the better xD

8 minutes ago, Mistletoe said:

I bet you are referring to this 59cb39bc58a6a_images(14).jpg.f71483167c7ba1e35f70d7b66991b9ef.jpg

It's called cicada. Small but super noisy especially at nights. And guess what, the sound is produced by shaking its genitals :D

The one on the top is a click beetle. it doesn't make any sound aside from the "click" sound produce whenever it smash its head. I used to play with it with my friends before. The stronger the "click" sound the better xD

no this is not what i saw mostly. i never see it here in my place the first one you shown is the kuliglig. i will take a picture if i see it today and i will show it to you... or maybe i will make a video 

18 minutes ago, merlyn22 said:

in my place its call kumbang xD 

1 minute ago, merlyn22 said:

no this is not what i saw mostly. i never see it here in my place the first one you shown is the kuliglig. i will take a picture if i see it today and i will show it to you... or maybe i will make a video 

This is what google says about kiliglig 

I had to include the "insect" otherwise it would show this motorcycle with boat engine which is also called kuliglig xD

Screenshot_2017-09-27-13-56-14.png