Jump to content
Darko

NBA

Recommended Posts

I rarely bet on player points even if last year i does it multiple time because of Russell Westbrook triple double quest. Will not happen again this year sadly ;)

I'm more on the long term bets like who will win the title, which team will do the playoffs, which team will progress or regress Vs last year, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Darko said:

I reckon that GSW will probably win it again. They are just better with all players healthy off course.

 

I like to bet on player points to fill the time when I am awake at night. :) Time just flies by when I have something to watch and cheer for. :)

tell me how betting on players' points work. im interested to bet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basically you bet that a specific player will score more or less than XX points. Of course XX is different from one player to another, from one match to another, etc.

@Darko yes agreed. GSW will have more difficult this year with OKC and Houston who are more strong than last year but they have the advantage of playing together for a long time. But who know, if KD or Stephen Curry are injured on a bad time ... Anyway this year i'll be really interrested to see OKC and the Wolves playing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Kargai said:

Basically you bet that a specific player will score more or less than XX points. Of course XX is different from one player to another, from one match to another, etc.

@Darko yes agreed. GSW will have more difficult this year with OKC and Houston who are more strong than last year but they have the advantage of playing together for a long time. But who know, if KD or Stephen Curry are injured on a bad time ... Anyway this year i'll be really interrested to see OKC and the Wolves playing.

 

per game bet or the average on whole season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mgod said:

per game bet or the average on whole season?

I believe both exist depending of the broker. Usually it's more one bet for every game but i guees it's possible to find a bet for the whole season.

NBA will start in 3 weeks now, i'll take the time to search after that later ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually pick two games per night where I expect most points scored and then pick one or two players per team to play over boundary brokers have offered.

 

That way I always have 4 players on my bet slip and that gives me a payout of around x11 depending on odds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darko said:

I usually pick two games per night where I expect most points scored and then pick one or two players per team to play over boundary brokers have offered.

 

That way I always have 4 players on my bet slip and that gives me a payout of around x11 depending on odds.

ahh thats good. especially when u know the player.. sometimes its easy to predict.. but as they said the ball is round anything can change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off course, if you watch games every night, read game reports you get the general idea of how a team plays, how many shots certain players take per game. All that makes it easier to predict the outcome but as you said, the ball is round, had a player on a hot streak, scoring 12 points in 8 minutes of play in the 1st quarter and I thought he will easily score 12 more. When he entered in the 2nd quarter he was charged with an offensive foul and got upset with that call, argued with officials and received two technical fouls and thus got ejected ruining my ticket. :)

But I can't complain much, got some crazy wins after I thought bet would be losing one with some crazy streaks in last minute or two so all is good eventually. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Darko said:

Off course, if you watch games every night, read game reports you get the general idea of how a team plays, how many shots certain players take per game. All that makes it easier to predict the outcome but as you said, the ball is round, had a player on a hot streak, scoring 12 points in 8 minutes of play in the 1st quarter and I thought he will easily score 12 more. When he entered in the 2nd quarter he was charged with an offensive foul and got upset with that call, argued with officials and received two technical fouls and thus got ejected ruining my ticket. :)

But I can't complain much, got some crazy wins after I thought bet would be losing one with some crazy streaks in last minute or two so all is good eventually. :)

lucky you.. you won even that happen.. good luck more on your future bet ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In France, if i remember correctly, i was playing on the site name Betclic, was called the over/under. Don't see it available right now but the season is not running yet so i will probably pop-up later.

I usually don't bet on the first 10 games of the season but I will probably put something on Lebron James for the 1st game against Boston. He'll be on fire for this one so 25+ points feel good to me ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering that Boston traded the only guy that could at least slow down LeBron it is pretty much safe bet that he can score as many as he decides cause Hayward can't guard him even in his dreams. :) But keep in mind that Cleveland added DRose, IT and Wade so they will all take their share of shots and end lot of attacks. My guess is that LeBron will take an easy approach to the regular part of the season and put it in higher gear once the playoff starts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Darko said:

Considering that Boston traded the only guy that could at least slow down LeBron it is pretty much safe bet that he can score as many as he decides cause Hayward can't guard him even in his dreams. :) But keep in mind that Cleveland added DRose, IT and Wade so they will all take their share of shots and end lot of attacks. My guess is that LeBron will take an easy approach to the regular part of the season and put it in higher gear once the playoff starts.

Agreed. D Rose will not take too much shots i believe (he's more here to create for others), IT will not play until january at best and D Wade will probably be on the bench with less minutes to play. The shoots will be for Lebron and Kevin Love mostly (I see Love having a huge season this year). I don't know what the under/over will be on Lebron for that game but even 30+ is something i'll be able to bet on. Or maybe a 20+ on Love/Irving or Hayward.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wade will probably go into starting five (he is my favorite player btw). Also, there is a high probability that no bookie will offer over/under for the first two or three days.

 

Normally I wait for every team to play at least several games to get a better insight in how they play, will follow that this year as well. There are several Serbian players this year in NBA so I will enjoy watching their games as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet on player points from time to time.  However, it can sometimes be difficult if betting player points on the elite teams.  There are always quite a few times when blow-outs can cause the starters to sit the whole 4th quarter or more, so I tend to stay away from them now, unless I have a very strong feeling it will be  closer game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I anticipate a blow-out in a game where an elite team with 3 good scorrers play I tend to pick one of those three for under (although I normally only bet on over). :) 

 

Watched some highlights from LAC preseason games because of Milos Teodisic. CP3 left for Houston but Lob City nickname will still be there as Milos is master of passing. There are two guys that like to dunk (DeAndre and Griffin) and Gallinari as sharpshooter so I reckon he will manage to keep an average of around 8-9 assists per game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I have seen both Cleveland and Boston are going to play small ball throughout the whole season.  Cleveland will start Kevin Love at center position and Crowder as PF, while Boston will play with Horford at center and rookie Tatum will play as PF.  Apparently, they will try to counter GSW's death lineup and spread the floor as much as possible. Highly doubt that any other team in the east can make it to the Finals apart from them regardless of the lineups, so it is definitively done just because of GSW.

 

GSW will, on the other hand, have a bit of trouble in reaching 4th consecutive Final as the west is really crowded with start players now, don't know how will all those players play together but there is certainly more resistance on their way this year. OKC with Westbrook, PG13 and Carmelo, Houston added Chris Paul but shipped out half the bench plus Beverly who played defense for him and Harden. San Antonio is always amongst contenders and they have the best coach and best two-way player in the game in Kawhi Leonard.

Ten more days and the fun starts. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't usually bet on players points but when I do, I like to bet on KD (+), Steph Curry (-), Kyrie Irving (+), Russell Westbrook (+).  I don't watch NBA that much, I like to take a look from time to time. I mostly just watch the highlights. :)

I prefer to bet on game points, for example over 185.5 or smth like that. B| 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×