rembo2

Your worst vacation

My worst vacation was in Kauai,Hawaiian Islands. I flew to paradise on earth with his family. My buggage with all the necessary was lost.
It's good that the bungalow and food were paid in advance. I was left without photographs, souvenirs, and could not see the sights, go fishing. Because my cash, my wife decided to put in a suitcase. The only thing left is 135$ in my pocket for 10 days.
When returning and long debates the airline compensated me for losses. But vacation was spoiled.

Describe your worst journey, what happened and where.

Worst one was in Turkey, when we arrived to Istanbul rented a car from Atatürk Airport from a less known company then the original we have booked from the start because they couldn't provide the model we booked only wanted to offer a more expensive twice the price luxury model that also wasn't suited for the trip we planed. So we ended up with the next best thing we could find that turned out to be a scam. We stopped on our way to the hotel at a restaurant to have dinner. While we were in the restaurant they stole the car with all out luggage. We spent the next entire day at the police station filling out forms and complaints and also learned that the company that lent the car didn't cover actual luggage or anything else that didn't belong with the car with insurance. We decided to end the vacation and flew home with nothing but our clothes and a sour memory about Turkey. 

Edited by Andr33i

6 hours ago, Andr33i said:

Worst one was in Turkey, when we arrived to Istanbul rented a car from Atatürk Airport from a less known company then the original we have booked from the start because they couldn't provide the model we booked only wanted to offer a more expensive twice the price luxury model that also wasn't suited for the trip we planed. So we ended up with the next best thing we could find that turned out to be a scam. We stopped on our way to the hotel at a restaurant to have dinner. While we were in the restaurant they stole the car with all out luggage. We spent the next entire day at the police station filling out forms and complaints and also learned that the company that lent the car didn't cover actual luggage or anything else that didn't belong with the car with insurance. We decided to end the vacation and flew home with nothing but our clothes and a sour memory about Turkey. 

Must be very frustrating to experience this. Like how much in total are thos luggage costs? 

7 hours ago, Andr33i said:

omg thats worst and sad experience. did you recover your luggage? 

24 minutes ago, Mistletoe said:

Must be very frustrating to experience this. Like how much in total are thos luggage costs? 

Not that much it was only travel kits and clothes that included mainly short stuff that u wear in summer and towels, some chargers and headphones. The usual stuff you carry with you when u travel by plane for a sunny summer holiday for 7 days.

10 minutes ago, merlyn22 said:

omg thats worst and sad experience. did you recover your luggage? 

We filled out some forms at the police station but never heard from them again. 

awww that is sad, hope that it didnt happen again, just be mindful on your belongings everytime your on vacations.

mine, my embarrasing vacation for me is that when i go to our province I wait for a bus going home for almost 5hrs with my 2kids & having 2 langguage on my hands it is hard to travel commuting all by my self thats the worst so far.

18 minutes ago, Mistletoe said:

Did you get at least equal or more than the amount of you have actually lost? 

amount equal to lost things + small moral damage:)

7 hours ago, Mistletoe said:

I hope you didn't lost any gadgets that stores important files like laptops or memory cards? If yes, geeez.. that's indeed pretty small. 

Thank God the phone was with me.

Better so than nothing:)

@rembo2 great then! But... How did they evaluate the price of your luggage? Did you give them a list of whats inside? What if you say there was a diamond ring inside that costs 1629494349btc?  :ph34r:

@Noeprellik1 lol thats funny. Feel ya bru. Happens to me a lot. Very picky when it comes into food O.o

Edited by Mistletoe

On 22.09.2017 at 17:00, Mistletoe said:

great then! But... How did they evaluate the price of your luggage? Did you give them a list of whats inside? What if you say there was a diamond ring inside that costs 1629494349btc?  :ph34r:

money was declared, my list was checked with an x-ray record at check your baggage

3 hours ago, rembo2 said:

money was declared, my list was checked with an x-ray record at check your baggage

I seeeeeeee.  So that's the purpose of that paper thingy stating what's generally inside. 

I only ride a plane once. So forgive my ignorance :D