cryptos_fr

Burger King Russia Introduces The "Whoppercoin" - The Fast-Food Industry's First Digital Currency

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-25/burger-king-russia-introduces-whoppercoin-fast-food-industrys-first-digital-currency

“The Whoppercoin launched in tandem with a new loyalty program. For each Whopper burger customers purchase, they'll receive one Whoppercoin in a special cryptocurrency wallet. While the coins’ wider use is unclear, some reports suggest that the Whoppercoin will be accepted as payment at Burger Kings across Russia.”

Datr sound  Great ! 

What do you think about this news  ?^^ Any russian gonna try  it ? give us some feedback  please

4 minutes ago, Pitbully said:

total garbage...but can you imagine gambling for cheeseburgers??

I think Burger King is creating and starting to mass cryptocoin information didissemination by making use their fastfood chain as the point of cryptocoin knowledge propagation to the masses, I hope that they will succeed.

I was looking at this news earlier today - Very interesting, shows practical applications of where altcoins can be used in the real world (loyalty funds within a company for example). Would definitely like to see more applications such as this where alts are actually used, as opposed to them just being another "digital currency". 90% of the alts out currently back nothing more than a concept that many eventually come to light.

Just now, Bitcoinani said:

Is this offer available in India??

No - currently its being done in conjunction with Wave in Russia only as a pilot - It may eventually be offered in other places once proof of concept is successful (which it sounds like its being picked up by customers pretty quickly based on news I've read on it).

13 minutes ago, sourc3code said:

No - currently its being done in conjunction with Wave in Russia only as a pilot - It may eventually be offered in other places once proof of concept is successful (which it sounds like its being picked up by customers pretty quickly based on news I've read on it).

Okay thanks for letting me know )

I will surely buy some whoppercoins maybe soon 1 whoppercoin can feed me for a week. hahaha, but nice move for a fastfood chain to introduce cryptocoin for their transactions, and making the first to make it with the other similar businesses around the world.

34 minutes ago, reusue said:

I will surely buy some whoppercoins maybe soon 1 whoppercoin can feed me for a week. hahaha, but nice move for a fastfood chain to introduce cryptocoin for their transactions, and making the first to make it with the other similar businesses around the world.

same, just waiting for the official news :P

Wow. This is nice. Maybe they will stablish this all over the world so we can experience to pay our foods via btc :) I hope this will not lead to a trap for buying their coins.

12 hours ago, sourc3code said:

I was looking at this news earlier today - Very interesting, shows practical applications of where altcoins can be used in the real world (loyalty funds within a company for example). Would definitely like to see more applications such as this where alts are actually used, as opposed to them just being another "digital currency". 90% of the alts out currently back nothing more than a concept that many eventually come to light.

If their movement will be successful then it will become a trend to fast food chains company too. This is interesting! Gaining altcoin while satisfying your appetite!

For now it's just a coupon/fidelity points style. Useless ... except the fact that it's a "crypto related" sauce.

The only interesting point for now is that it bring the crypto world to the masses. Later it can be more interesting if the coins can be use for something different like trading, etc ...