stevenwonder

Happy Hour?

When will there be a happy hour again? I ask because when the faucet got lowered, Edward said this would lead to more consistent happy hours, and I don't know if there's been once since he said that. I know Bitcoin has jumped in price since then, but I'm guessing the biggest problem is when you bump it up to 5000 satoshi or more, people that don't have any intention on ever depositing, try to take advantage of that and never come back. I think you could bring happy hours back and that not be a problem if, instead of giving a set amount and adding it whatever faucet they already have, you just do a multiplier. So if you did x5 or x10 they are only getting 500 or 1000, instead of 5000 for signing up and leaving after an hour. This is just an idea, if you ever do decide to bring them back, but I think you would A) Not bear nearly the amount of a loss as before and B) discourage people since they wouldn't be getting such a huge amount. That would be for people who have actually wagered 10+BTC. If you switch to the multiplier and bump the tip up to .0005 or even .001, for the duration of the happy hour, you could bring them back without getting killed with your bottom dollar. :)@Edward@Dan

3 minutes ago, Noahbreezy said:

I think that could be done with the x not being too high for non-depositors. 

Yeah not too high for non depositor. But too high for fresh accounts, obviously abusing the faucet.

2 minutes ago, mgod said:

Yeah not too high for non depositor. But too high for fresh accounts, obviously abusing the faucet.

Perfectly said, mgod. Maybe add some kind of "happy-hour licence" that you have to sign up for and is only active for like x weeks or months or so.

8 hours ago, stevenwonder said:

When will there be a happy hour again? I ask because when the faucet got lowered, Edward said this would lead to more consistent happy hours, and I don't know if there's been once since he said that. I know Bitcoin has jumped in price since then, but I'm guessing the biggest problem is when you bump it up to 5000 satoshi or more, people that don't have any intention on ever depositing, try to take advantage of that and never come back. I think you could bring happy hours back and that not be a problem if, instead of giving a set amount and adding it whatever faucet they already have, you just do a multiplier. So if you did x5 or x10 they are only getting 500 or 1000, instead of 5000 for signing up and leaving after an hour. This is just an idea, if you ever do decide to bring them back, but I think you would A) Not bear nearly the amount of a loss as before and B) discourage people since they wouldn't be getting such a huge amount. That would be for people who have actually wagered 10+BTC. If you switch to the multiplier and bump the tip up to .0005 or even .001, for the duration of the happy hour, you could bring them back without getting killed with your bottom dollar. :)@Edward@Dan

We'll just gonna wait for it if ever it will come back. There are rains by MODS too for those active on chat that have wagered a certain amount of BTC and consider it as a happy time. We also have timely giveaways too.