Jump to content
maverick528

Hi, I´m new here, how to win?

Recommended Posts

The time has come for a little introduction, just a bit late. 9_9

Probably you already know that I´m from Uruguay, don´t confuse it with Paraguay because it´s another different country, and people here get pissed with this confusion.

Even Homer Simpson knows where we are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2ioB_6Aifg

In fact, let me tell you a little secret, my country is the only one in the world that does not have a name, it is a tooooo long history to put it here, but it is the truth.

I joined PD in 2014, in time to see Hufflepuff and RobinHood.  At that time PD was advertising that an user made 1 BTC from faucet, some other users were not happy with that, they said that kind of advertising  would bring lots of beggers to PD. Ah yes, it was somebody called Singpays. 

I am an analytical player, try to find math strats and the like. Although I made several withdrawals, at the end of 2014 I got very very angry with myself because my profit was in red, so I decided to take a break. I did not say "never coming back" because 1) its copyrighted by Bojana and 2) I wanted to come back but when I was ready. So I made my return in 2017.

Before somebody speculates that I lost tens of BTCs at that time, I think I was about 0.05 in red, but the important thing for me was not the amount, but the failure of my strats.

I like challenges, difficult goals. And if they are impossible, I´m even more interested.

I like a lot of things, life is full of wonderful things, electronics, programming, cooking, reading, growing plants, pets, good movies and ofc good music, that I like to listen at levels high enough to crack walls, so I limited it to only a few days and few hours, to keep my ears healthy, and to stop the mass suicidal of neighbours.

Long distance walking (like 20 kms for example) is something that I like a lot, it is very good for the peace of your mind, and if you have your eyes wide open you will always find amazing things along the way, the only bad thing is that it takes soooo much time, and I don´t have it available very often .....

I worked in several different things so far, for example long time ago I worked programming video games, when you had to use assembly language and work really hard. For several years I repaired artificial kidney machines, it was a challenging work that taught me several valuable things, because you could not make even a single error, and you had to be calm even in the worst situation you can imagine.

Now I´m doing maintenance of reverse-osmosis machines (machines that generate ultra pure water) and some other things. But always enjoying what I do.

I´m writing a book about maths, but I´m doing toooooooo slowlyyyyyy, it should have been finished a pair of years ago, hope that people will like the content because it will be a bit unusual.

 Last, I want to say that I have an ironic, corrosive, twisted sense of humour, but I don´t like to be offensive to anyone, sorry if this happened. Also please remember that there is a language barrier between several users here, and sometimes there can be misunderstandings, so I apology for any harm I did.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice introduction Mavs :) Welcome back to PD hope you win big this time :)  Just enjoy ur stay here. Wishing you all the best :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maverick528 said:

I´m writing a book about maths, but I´m doing toooooooo slowlyyyyyy, it should have been finished a pair of years ago, hope that people will like the content because it will be a bit unusual.

Wooow @maverick528 it is so interesting, good luck to you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what a nice intro maverick. actually i really hate reading long comment but since a nice introduction you got my attention :) nice biography maverick best of luck from your pinoy family

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, AHCareP said:

Maverick528,I wish good luck and profit and greenery):D

Actually when I was a noob at PD I was very focused on strats and profits.

Now I´m focused on having a good time and it´s much better, lots of nice people here, I feel that now I have a big profit: lots of friends, and no way that I can lose it....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2017 at 21:48, maverick528 said:

The time has come for a little introduction, just a bit late. 9_9

Probably you already know that I´m from Uruguay, don´t confuse it with Paraguay because it´s another different country, and people here get pissed with this confusion.

Even Homer Simpson knows where we are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2ioB_6Aifg

In fact, let me tell you a little secret, my country is the only one in the world that does not have a name, it is a tooooo long history to put it here, but it is the truth.

I joined PD in 2014, in time to see Hufflepuff and RobinHood.  At that time PD was advertising that an user made 1 BTC from faucet, some other users were not happy with that, they said that kind of advertising  would bring lots of beggers to PD. Ah yes, it was somebody called Singpays. 

I am an analytical player, try to find math strats and the like. Although I made several withdrawals, at the end of 2014 I got very very angry with myself because my profit was in red, so I decided to take a break. I did not say "never coming back" because 1) its copyrighted by Bojana and 2) I wanted to come back but when I was ready. So I made my return in 2017.

Before somebody speculates that I lost tens of BTCs at that time, I think I was about 0.05 in red, but the important thing for me was not the amount, but the failure of my strats.

I like challenges, difficult goals. And if they are impossible, I´m even more interested.

I like a lot of things, life is full of wonderful things, electronics, programming, cooking, reading, growing plants, pets, good movies and ofc good music, that I like to listen at levels high enough to crack walls, so I limited it to only a few days and few hours, to keep my ears healthy, and to stop the mass suicidal of neighbours.

Long distance walking (like 20 kms for example) is something that I like a lot, it is very good for the peace of your mind, and if you have your eyes wide open you will always find amazing things along the way, the only bad thing is that it takes soooo much time, and I don´t have it available very often .....

I worked in several different things so far, for example long time ago I worked programming video games, when you had to use assembly language and work really hard. For several years I repaired artificial kidney machines, it was a challenging work that taught me several valuable things, because you could not make even a single error, and you had to be calm even in the worst situation you can imagine.

Now I´m doing maintenance of reverse-osmosis machines (machines that generate ultra pure water) and some other things. But always enjoying what I do.

I´m writing a book about maths, but I´m doing toooooooo slowlyyyyyy, it should have been finished a pair of years ago, hope that people will like the content because it will be a bit unusual.

 Last, I want to say that I have an ironic, corrosive, twisted sense of humour, but I don´t like to be offensive to anyone, sorry if this happened. Also please remember that there is a language barrier between several users here, and sometimes there can be misunderstandings, so I apology for any harm I did.

 

 

Hi there mavs:) One of the trusted members of pd and our tatay:)

Nice to meet you and i hope to see you soon! <3

14 hours ago, maverick528 said:

Actually when I was a noob at PD I was very focused on strats and profits.

Now I´m focused on having a good time and it´s much better, lots of nice people here, I feel that now I have a big profit: lots of friends, and no way that I can lose it....

 

 

Yes pd has a wonderful community that is why I am sticking for long too:)

I might stop gambling soon enougg but I can't quit the friends i made online.

Edited by ravenyvolle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello tatay! What a great introduction ^^ The first time i met you on a stream i really thought you're just a typical guy on his mid 20's coz of your sense of humour lol But then i got to know you more when we had our convo on discord. I wish you a good luck on your rolls and hope you win BIG! Don't forget i'm your 1st daughter :P xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heya Mav! I was tricked by your post's title, haha. I'm impressed, this is a well-written intro/auto-biography, albeit a lengthy one. lol. It's always nice to learn more about people we've met just recently. I'm also curious about the book you are currently working on. I wonder why you said it's a bit unusual, hmm.. I'm particularly drawn to this statement - "I like challenges, difficult goals. And if they are impossible, I´m even more interested." Happy to know someone who share the same attitude towards challenges like I do. Best of luck on your writing/book publishing endeavour Mav. See you around! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/8/2017 at 16:15, leipao24 said:

Heya Mav! I was tricked by your post's title, haha. I'm impressed, this is a well-written intro/auto-biography, albeit a lengthy one. lol. It's always nice to learn more about people we've met just recently. I'm also curious about the book you are currently working on. I wonder why you said it's a bit unusual, hmm.. I'm particularly drawn to this statement - "I like challenges, difficult goals. And if they are impossible, I´m even more interested." Happy to know someone who share the same attitude towards challenges like I do. Best of luck on your writing/book publishing endeavour Mav. See you around! :)

TY very much for your nice comment.

The post title of course it´s because if you have been some time in PD, you could see this phrase again and again in PD´s chat box, it´s the trade mark of noobs.

 

I think Martin Gardner is an inspiration, he wrote several books trying to make some maths problems easy to understand, and even entertaining and amusing. He really helped many people.

For example one of the things I cover in my book is one of Zeno´s paradoxes, originally was about the tortoise and Achilles, now its a person in a bicycle and a Ferrari. It´s very interesting because using a perfectly good reasoning, the conclusion is that the Ferrari running at 300km/h never reaches the bicycle that travels at 3 km/h, it is closer and closer until it is infinitely closer to it. But we know what happens in real life, that not only it does get closer, but at some point the Ferrari takes the lead. Although this looks unimportant, just a stupid game of words of an ancient greek, it isn´t. Because if a reasoning is correct and the result is not, there must be something wrong with the data we are using. It is being studied right now, because maybe it can demonstrate that time is not a continuum as we always thought (that can be divided in smaller and smaller parts) but instead that there is a quantum unity of time, a very small time period that is the smallest one and all time periods you can measure are multiples of it, its proposed name is a chronon.

Another subject of my book is that it is a lie that we use the decimal number system  (a numeric system base 10) because we have ten fingers. This is wrong.

 

 

 

Edited by maverick528

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×