zale023

Advertising other forum should be Restricted.

Hi! I would like to open this suggestion here.

You might have noticed some members that are advertising their own forum here on PD forum. In worst case it lead to some of the members on forum to be a victim of phising. To prevent that from happening again, I am suggesting that advertising/posting other forum ( except for bitcointalk.org and stake forum) should be restricted.

@Dan

We don't want to run a dictatorship, all players are free to take the risk on other sites. Obviously if anything ever happens on those sites, its their own fault.

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

We don't want to run a dictatorship, all players are free to take the risk on other sites. Obviously if anything ever happens on those sites, its their own fault.

Well it's a fact that it's own fault whatever happens on that site, but the fact that it is advertised here will taint the forum's reputation. If it could be prevented here then it's better. If it is your verdict then I don't have much to say. Thank you for giving this an attention.

If you are aware of any sites who are known for scamming, report the topic and we will deal with it.

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

If you are aware of any sites who are known for scamming, report the topic and we will deal with it.

The current sites I've known that are scam forum sites that is advertised here is already down. I would do so if I will find a new one.

6 minutes ago, zale023 said:

Well it's a fact that it's own fault whatever happens on that site, but the fact that it is advertised here will taint the forum's reputation. If it could be prevented here then it's better. If it is your verdict then I don't have much to say. Thank you for giving this an attention.

@zale023 maybe you can also take a look at this topic from Blindme.

The worst problems, like the one you suffered, came from new users or ALTs that just joined the forum to post scammy links.

So take a look at his topic:

https://forum.primedice.com/topic/26984-link-warnings/?tab=comments#comment-135918

the idea that Blindme posted is to enable people to post links only after certain time or messages posted in forum.

Dan is already working on it.

After you are an old, trusted member of PD and the forum, there should be freedom to post links, of course with the responsability that comes with it....

1 minute ago, maverick528 said:

@zale023 maybe you can also take a look at this topic from Blindme.

The worst problems, like the one you suffered, came from new users or ALTs that just joined the forum to post scammy links.

So take a look at his topic:

https://forum.primedice.com/topic/26984-link-warnings/?tab=comments#comment-135918

the idea that Blindme posted is to enable people to post links only after certain time or messages posted in forum.

Dan is already working on it.

After you are an old, trusted member of PD and the forum, there should be freedom to post links, of course with the responsability that comes with it....

Yeah I've already read this a while ago. I do support his suggestion. Dan already takes it into consideration so it's all good :)

I agree with your point of view. In this way, we will lose people that are surfing on it.