Kurian

1 minute wait for chat

In my opinion 1 minute wait for chatting in forum is very annoying.Now i have to wait one minute to send my next message after one. It's better if that limitation is removed. For forum posts and comments it's good. I know the rules are implemented for a reason.. But, if the reason is about spamming messages then, the option to ignore is a good idea.. I hope @Dan would take it into consideration.

Just now, Kurian said:

In my opinion 1 minute wait for chatting in forum is very annoying.Now i have to wait one minute to send my next message after one. It's better if that limitation is removed. For forum posts and comments it's good. I know the rules are implemented for a reason.. But, if the reason is about spamming messages then, the option to ignore is a good idea.. I hope @Dan would take it into consideration.

Admins says that you have 1 minute to think about what you are writing, but I dont like it too

9 minutes ago, PARANORMAL said:

This is done to avoid spam and this is normal.

It's not really wise forcing me to wait 1 minute before i can reply an inbox. How would you feel if whatsapp and Facebook apply same 1 minute interval before you send inbox message to your friend? I also noticed the same 40 message per day is the total of both the comment and inbox message together. I don't know if you guys understand my message. Please look into it 40 message should only count when replying to comment  @Dan

Edited by Dboyeric

1 hour ago, Nataly said:

Admins says that you have 1 minute to think about what you are writing, but I dont like it too

1 hour ago, keian said:

i think some guys abuses the forum to earn money thats why they decided to havr intervals

1 hour ago, PARANORMAL said:

This is done to avoid spam and this is normal.

57 minutes ago, Kristoffff said:

I don't see how you can read a topic, enter a reply and go to the next and read the topic and post a reply, all in 1 minute. Hell I wouldn't mind if it were 2 minutes per post. Putting the 1 min delay is actually great to get rid of some pesky spammers who come on from time to time, I remember the early days of the forum, we sometimes got flooded with spammers who posted 20 topics in like a minute.

i think you all didn't understand what i meant in this post. I'm not talking about forum topics and comments and not about one or two messages. I'm talking about the delay experienced when using forum chat option.. When both persons are online it's difficult to chat properly.. we have to wait one minute to type next message.. no continuity in that., if we typed something and person reading it misunderstands it then, it's difficult to correct.. I already suggested if it's to stop spamming then,provide an ignore button.. I hope you all understand what i meant... IT'S ABOUT FORUM MESSAGES..

5 minutes ago, Kurian said:

i think you all didn't understand what i meant in this post. I'm not talking about forum topics and comments and not about one or two messages. I'm talking about the delay experienced when using forum chat option.. When both persons are online it's difficult to chat properly.. we have to wait one minute to type next message.. no continuity in that., if we typed something and person reading it misunderstands it then, it's difficult to correct.. I already suggested if it's to stop spamming then,provide an ignore button.. I hope you all understand what i meant... IT'S ABOUT FORUM MESSAGES..

You can always use the primedice chatrooms to talk to eachother, no delay there. Or a 3rd party service, such as the Discord Primedice group.

2 hours ago, Kurian said:

As ive red to some thread, chat is also considered as post thats why it has interval also. I think that is not a good idea coz it is a private msg & it might be abuse if it is considered as post &can also delay the conversation aswell. Tho i dont use the chat msges lols. 

5 minutes ago, Jenn09 said:

As ive red to some thread, chat is also considered as post thats why it has interval also. I think that is not a good idea coz it is a private msg & it might be abuse if it is considered as post &can also delay the conversation aswell. Tho i dont use the chat msges lols. 

chat is considered as post ??? is that real? i don't think that is true.. Can you remember which thread was it? or the link please..

update:  no chat is not considered as posts i just confirmed it by messaging someone.. It doesn't increase my post count..

Edited by Kurian

5 minutes ago, Kurian said:

chat is considered as post ??? is that real? i don't think that is true.. Can you remember which thread was it? or the link please..

update:  no chat is not considered as posts i just confirmed it by messaging someone.. It doesn't increase my post count..

I think it is restricted in time, due to potential spam thru PM on forum. @Dan can you enlighten us on this one? 

Cheers

13 minutes ago, Kurian said:

PMs will not increase the post count. But the rules of interval and limit/day applies.

I also think that should be removed from inbox messages ! But right now posts and inbox are the same thing to the forum ! I think they should be treated differently ! Its good to have 1 min post limit but i dont think its good for inbox messages ! which eventually makes the inbox pretty non useful  !

probably they delayed the inputs of members to avoid spamming. its better than loosing the pay per post isnt it? lets just accept it, they have every right to change or revise it because they own it.. i just want to say to pd that they will maintain the fairness of this forum to members.