JstLikeMagyk

What type of poker player are you ?

I'm moderately tight -- I fold a lot of hands, but then will go on a line with an unorthodox starting hand occasionally and take other players off-guard, who view me as more of an A-B-C type player.

Similarly, I can be a very aggressive player, but use this aggression selectively. I am almost exclusively a tournament player, and at the start of a tournament I will fold a lot -- even with moderate strength starting hands, if someone else raises me pre-flop I'll usually fold early on as I'd rather just observe until I have a better read on the other players. However, later on in the tournament, often my table mates with start thinking that I am passive and try to take advantage of that, raising my blinds consistently every round, and at this point I will start to use that thinking to my advantage and take aggressive lines against an opponent turning the tables on their attempts to push me out of pots with weak holdings, etc. Love how you can strategize these sort of transitions in your style in tournament play.

I'm mostly TAG live, but i'll mix it up a bit if i can see flops cheap, for the purposes of image.

I make most of the money I play live, just by psychologically trying to battle opponents, I think tag + psychology , is a recipe for printing money at 200nl (haven't played higher though).

On 21/12/2017 at 17:34, jbenjaminy said:

I'm moderately tight -- I fold a lot of hands, but then will go on a line with an unorthodox starting hand occasionally and take other players off-guard, who view me as more of an A-B-C type player.

Similarly, I can be a very aggressive player, but use this aggression selectively. I am almost exclusively a tournament player, and at the start of a tournament I will fold a lot -- even with moderate strength starting hands, if someone else raises me pre-flop I'll usually fold early on as I'd rather just observe until I have a better read on the other players. However, later on in the tournament, often my table mates with start thinking that I am passive and try to take advantage of that, raising my blinds consistently every round, and at this point I will start to use that thinking to my advantage and take aggressive lines against an opponent turning the tables on their attempts to push me out of pots with weak holdings, etc. Love how you can strategize these sort of transitions in your style in tournament play.

Thanks for the reply, just wondering have you mostly been a live player over the years?