timdp

Cheating

India has strict rules on gambling and it's prohibited on so many levels :P and Indian government asks it's residents to play at own risk as the government provides less to zero help to both clients and providers in case they have been cheated by the other :P

On 8/5/2017 at 15:23, timdp said:

have you ever cheated in a poker game? have you ever heard of people cheating? i wanted to hear some stories about people who cheat at poker and do or don't get caught. i think there are some cool stories we could share

I guess it depends what you call cheating. I was seriously angled in a live game once. I was a fish to playing live poker at the time (had only played 3 times) and wasn't up to how unscrupulous some players can be hahaha. 

I have a hand like 99 I think and I raise from late position, small blind folded and the big blind picked up a £100 chip and a £10 chip and threw them onto the table. It was just £100 NL, so that was over 100bb, and I'd only raised like £6, then he said... oh no... I meant to put two £5 chips in... damn.. he looked quite convincing.... 

So I called him, and... he tabled aces. 

Lol that felt dirty. Since then I've learned never to trust anyone at the live poker table, I've also become a bit better at using pscyhology at the table to influence opponents to do things I want them to do. For example, if I have been chatting to someone and we're friendly, and I bet river and he looks like he's calling, and I don't want him too.. I'll say , "save your money mate... I don't want to beat you... I'm pretty strong" and then he folds and I muck my ace high :P

or sometimes if there is a player that is thinking of folding, I'll say things to push his ego into calling like.. You know you haven't got anything, just fold and can we move on. It's suprising how many times people call with medium strength hands when you do that :D

So i've become a bit of an angler too now, after being schooled by the other pro anglers! 

19 hours ago, Skilful said:

I guess it depends what you call cheating. I was seriously angled in a live game once. I was a fish to playing live poker at the time (had only played 3 times) and wasn't up to how unscrupulous some players can be hahaha. 

I have a hand like 99 I think and I raise from late position, small blind folded and the big blind picked up a £100 chip and a £10 chip and threw them onto the table. It was just £100 NL, so that was over 100bb, and I'd only raised like £6, then he said... oh no... I meant to put two £5 chips in... damn.. he looked quite convincing.... 

So I called him, and... he tabled aces. 

Lol that felt dirty. Since then I've learned never to trust anyone at the live poker table, I've also become a bit better at using pscyhology at the table to influence opponents to do things I want them to do. For example, if I have been chatting to someone and we're friendly, and I bet river and he looks like he's calling, and I don't want him too.. I'll say , "save your money mate... I don't want to beat you... I'm pretty strong" and then he folds and I muck my ace high :P

or sometimes if there is a player that is thinking of folding, I'll say things to push his ego into calling like.. You know you haven't got anything, just fold and can we move on. It's suprising how many times people call with medium strength hands when you do that :D

So i've become a bit of an angler too now, after being schooled by the other pro anglers! 

that never would have been allowed in vegas - the chips you threw in the pot are the chips that stay once the next card turns you can't change your bet that's just shady - i'd have called for a re-shuffle and pot-wipe.