makikwarta

Hardware wallets

guys and girls, do you think that hard wallet is advisable to use, is it really safe? please comment of what you think is the advantage and disadvantage of hard wallets.

By hard wallet, do you mean hardware wallet? If so, it is definitely advisable to use one. They can protect your coins even in the event that your PC has malware on it as the private keys are stored in a separate device.

I use a trezor, but I planned to change to a ledger blue
I would say yes, they are really safe. B.c. as long as your hardware wallet is disconnected, no one can get the coins out.

Edited by Gambleron9

for the people that are recommending that you use a hard wallet as it is safer, could you please make some recommendations as to which one you shoud of should not use

i think the only disadvantage of hard wallet is it aint free. lol. but it's secure and cant be hacked

On 8/3/2017 at 02:55, makikwarta said:

thank you for your reply's.. i observed that most of you like hardware wallet. and only the advantages are mentioned, what about disadvantages?

Disadvantage if you foget your private key ???? much beter to copy it as many as you like.

On 22/11/2017 at 07:37, Zephiera said:

They claim that it cannot be attacked by viruses. Your coins will be safely secured using this special type of wallet. 

It's defenitely possible to attack hard wallets when working in an unprotected computer. Always watch out for scams too!

On 11/27/2017 at 00:15, Noahbreezy said:

It's defenitely possible to attack hard wallets when working in an unprotected computer. Always watch out for scams too!

Yeah I've seen a lot of scams. I'm jist lucky right now coz I haven't tried any of those. I think it is not possible to have a hack-proof system. There will always be that guy who can bypass it. ?