Kargai

Bug with the "Ignore list" in chat?

Hello,

just wanna share a problem that I encounter for some time (or maybe since the beginning i don't know).

When I add some people in my "Ignore list" on PD chat they are not ignored anymore if I logout and reconnect. The list is deleted. If i never logout it's fine.

That's a little boring cause if you ignore someone it's not to see him again everytime you logout/log in. But maybe there's another reason I do not know?

Thanks for reading.

There isn't a chat feature on the forum, I assume you mean in game? In that case I'll move your topic to the correct location.

Yes, he means that.

If you like nerdy things:
The ignore list is saved locally (on client side, to your browser, via localStorage), when you log out it is erased. When you log in again, your browser have no idea about the list and since it's saved only locally, it can't ask the server for it. You can't do much about it, but to report it and hope for a fix in the near future. Or if you are into programming, you can develop a browser extension to save the ignore list into the extension's database, so you can save the list between sessions, but that's too much of a hassle if you ask me.

There is a similar issue with the bets. If you bet some, you can check your latest bets under the My bets tab, but after you log out and you log in again, the list is empty. That's because the bets are saved the same way as the ignore list. However, the API has a GET mybets method to get the last couple of your own bets, but it returns an empty array. I might be wrong, but they might coded the client side to just return the last bets from the locally saved data instead of getting it from the server, or I might be wrong and they don't use this API on client side at all which would make sense.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

There isn't a chat feature on the forum, I assume you mean in game? In that case I'll move your topic to the correct location.

Yes Dan you assume right, sorry for not posting in the right section.

Thanks toohoola for the answer, indeed i saw that it was the same reset for the bets but assumed it was normal (new session, new bets). For the ignore list i found that really counter-intuitive, if i log in from differents devices during the day, ignoring someone is useless.

Been having that problem as well lately and was about to create a post. Have put a certain member on my ignore for the last week and he keeps wiggling free. I only have him on there so I can read chat when he spams tips. Will see it becoming a issue if you got into a problem with a group of members and found it better to just mute them than listen to their dribble. Would also become a pain if you start stacking up issues and they all become unignored the next time you log in.

Take a member that uses chat for soft begging with different accounts, you would need to spend more time ignoring them than just blocking a new one every once in a well.

And I also paid attention to it, but I thought it should be so.:$

Edited by rembo2