maverick528

Foods from your country

One of the most wonderful things on PD is that you can meet and chat with people from all the places on earth, sometimes soooo different from yourself.

And one of the things that define your country, your culture, is the food, of course !!!

So I mostly stole this idea from @Nataly, that has a superb cooking channel on YT, you can look her post here:

https://forum.primedice.com/topic/26563-my-youtube-cooking-channel/

The idea is that you describe here typical foods from your country, not those foods that are just eaten once a year on a special holiday, but foods that you prepare or eat usually.

For example, my country is one of the biggest meat producers, we have more cows than people here. So meat is a very common food. And we eat usually parts that maybe for some people on other parts of the world are unusual or disgusting, like liver, kidney , tongue or stomach of cattle.

Most houses have on their backyard a special place made of bricks to make a fire with wood for cooking meat traditional style, maybe similar to the BBQ in the USA.....

And on the streets is usual to see mobile places that sell sausages, burgers and hotdogs. Meat everywhere !!!!!

6 hours ago, maverick528 said:

One of the most wonderful things on PD is that you can meet and chat with people from all the places on earth, sometimes soooo different from yourself.

And one of the things that define your country, your culture, is the food, of course !!!

So I mostly stole this idea from @Nataly, that has a superb cooking channel on YT, you can look her post here:

The idea is that you describe here typical foods from your country, not those foods that are just eaten once a year on a special holiday, but foods that you prepare or eat usually.

For example, my country is one of the biggest meat producers, we have more cows than people here. So meat is a very common food. And we eat usually parts that maybe for some people on other parts of the world are unusual or disgusting, like liver, kidney , tongue or stomach of cattle.

Most houses have on their backyard a special place made of bricks to make a fire with wood for cooking meat traditional style, maybe similar to the BBQ in the USA.....

And on the streets is usual to see mobile places that sell sausages, burgers and hotdogs. Meat everywhere !!!!!

Hi Maverick, nice post and thank you so much :-)

Here in my country it is actually mixed of meat and vegetables. My favorite dish that i always cook every saturdays or sundays is Kare-kare. Tradition ingredient is oxtail but We usually use beef for it with mixed vegetables like eggplant, string beans and bok choy. We also have sweet tooth so dessert is always a part of everyday meal ;)

Yeah only here in our country have the viand that called " ginamos" .. its fish ,a very small fish and It taste like salt ..that it may cause you urinary infections And it looks like unwanted food haha and its smells so different like out of this world but most of the people here love this kind of food so much..  We called it "GINAMOS" here in Philippines

On 7/31/2017 at 09:37, Bes19 said:

Here in my country it is actually mixed of meat and vegetables. My favorite dish that i always cook every saturdays or sundays is Kare-kare. Tradition ingredient is oxtail but We usually use beef for it with mixed vegetables like eggplant, string beans and bok choy. We also have sweet tooth so dessert is always a part of everyday meal ;)

hmm would love to visit the Philippines to taste this meals of there.. Especially balut.

I'm from Philippines and I would like to introduce to all of you guys our best national snack foods called "Biko" and "Suman" it's ingredients are glutinous rice, coconut oil, coconut milk, water and brown or white sugar.

You all guys can search it on google if you want to see the look of this food, it's really taste good...

I am from Belarus.  Potato is the main ingredient of many dishes. It is known as the  second bread of Belarusians. Perhaps, everyone has heard of "draniki". These are thick pancakes made of shredded potatoes.

draniki-kartofelnye-retsepty-s-foto-4.jpg

On 31/07/2017 at 01:52, maverick528 said:

Bretzel !!! These are fucking crazy :)

Love the topic, mav, now I'm hungry! :D

I enjoy trying different types of food from all over the world, and I think the cuisine is one of the integral parts of person's national identity, therefore, I can only say one thing - You haven't had full Serbian experience if you haven't had sarma! Basically a simple dish that can be described as cabbage rolls with rice, mincemeat and some veggies. Doesn't look as representative as some items of Italian or French cuisine, for example, but tastes like home :x

Sarma.jpg

Az

3 minutes ago, Bojana said:

I enjoy trying different types of food from all over the world, and I think the cuisine is one of the integral parts of person's national identity, therefore, I can only say one thing - You haven't had full Serbian experience if you haven't had sarma! Basically a simple dish that can be described as cabbage rolls with rice, mincemeat and some veggies. Doesn't look as representative as some items of Italian or French cuisine, for example, but tastes like home :x

Sarma.jpg

Azerbaijani name Kelem Dolmasi :D

ae3a54440660009842b2f07a0e0f2f9c.JPG

On 7/30/2017 at 15:52, maverick528 said:

This are the usual dish we eat almost everyday. The modern Filipino lifestyle dishes and I am proud to endorse it here. hahaha lol

images.jpg

images (1).jpg

8 hours ago, Bojana said:

One question comes to mind (and it wasn´t included on LeD. interview).

If I say Bojana and kitchen, they are words that go together ????

Edited by maverick528

If we are introducing dishes from our homes than I want to share this one with you gus.

Its called "Rheinischer Sauerbraten" and is a specific traditional dish from the area of Germany I am from:
The name translated is "North Rhein area Sour Roast". The roast can be Beef or Lamb and is first marinated in a red wine vinegar mix and left in a pot in the fridge for a few days to let the meat get soaked in the marinade.
After that the meat gets properly roasted until it has a nice thin crust and then the meat gets cooked in a red wine water and a bit of apple vinegar mix with locked lid until the meet gets so soft that it will melt in your mouth when eaten. From the mix the meat has been cocked in we make the sauce with raisins and a some of honey which gives the sauce a nice sweet sour taste.
We serve it with potato flour/breadcrumbs dumplings and sweet red cabbage.

rheinischer-sauerbraten.jpeg