Edward

Addiction

3 minutes ago, Edward said:

Have you experienced addiction? What was your experience, how are you going now? Would love to hear anyone's share. 

Yes addiction to pd at some point but i recovered by liking the community to a point i try to help and do giveaways and tips so it makes it fun for me and it like a little game now i dont spend all my money here anymore just what i can afford

Yep heavily for years haven't hit a thing except weed since New Years, And life's never been sicker.

Reading the book : It's the environment, Stupid. by Bruce Lipton. Changed my perspective on addiction quite heavily.

This video's also pretty enlightening on the discussion.

Everything you know about addiction is wrong.

Best of luck on your journey Edward.

18 minutes ago, WolfBain said:

Yes addiction to pd at some point but i recovered by liking the community to a point i try to help and do giveaways and tips so it makes it fun for me and it like a little game now i dont spend all my money here anymore just what i can afford

Wow.. good for you.. its really hard to get back up from loosing so much in gambling. 

I've faced several additcions in my life. I was addicted to pills for about 3 years. OC,Vikes,Perks, until when i was 20 and I Overdosed I died and they brought me back to life. Then more recently I was addicted to cocaine because i work long hours and i play even harder. However i've been clean for about 2 months now. Everyday is a new experience and sometimes a struggle. 

My question is, Do people with addictions find it harder when gambling to no do their drug of choice? Like after a rough session where you bust quite a bit? I myself have that problem because cocaine makes me quite numb.

I had computer addiction. I skip to classes on the past and spend all my time playing and surfing. I only come to school to get my allowance and then skip class, go to internet cafes and play. It almost ruined my education. But I realized that it is destroying me little by little so I stopped it eventually. Now I have my bachelor's degree.

1 hour ago, JstLikeMagyk said:

Yep heavily for years haven't hit a thing except weed since New Years, And life's never been sicker.

Reading the book : It's the environment, Stupid. by Bruce Lipton. Changed my perspective on addiction quite heavily.

This video's also pretty enlightening on the discussion.

Everything you know about addiction is wrong.

Best of luck on your journey Edward.

Been to weeds too before whey back as was i teen..really a good for nothing teen that time. During those times ive never look at it as addiction, ididnt notice nor realized. Until day came my family know about it and they deprived me of all things they have given. I live alone find a job. Those whi thought my friends who are with me during sessions they all gone and i was left with real friends whi help me cope up again. Now I have my own family and we are okay. I think i have a better life now so no reason to ruin it again. 

Edited by mmhaimhai

On 6/27/2017 at 08:30, MateuszHDHR1 said:

Computer addiction :/

Me too! :| It may not be an addiction to some people. It came to a point that I get angry at my parents and siblings when I get less time to play. We only have 1 PC before. I spent some money on some games and invested my time on them. Now I don't even have a time to play. Busy at work and I grew out of it. :P

Keeping it light I will just talk about my Coke addiction. The pop,geez people!

I used to drink a 2L a day when I was younger and would get caffeine cravings and headaches if I did not have it the next day. Was a bit funny going through symptoms of a junkie off a sugar high. Anyways I kicked drinking pop and have the odd one from time to time. I instantly dropped 8 pounds from not drinking empty calories. I extended the issue to juice which was full of sugar and continued to lose weight. 

Now I jog and have a hard time holding on to weight, go figure!

I feel kind of lucky in life and I am not what you would say rich or well off. But when I look at my group of friends from my teens, it makes me kind of sad knowing how many of them succumbed to addictions and wasted away or went out quickly. Honestly only have 4 friends left from those times and one is still battling demons but I will always be there for him. He will never be the same but that flicker of old friend comes through time to time.

Get help people if you suffer from mental health or addictions, life is short and it can be swallowed up quickly by feeding the wrong wolf inside.

On 26/6/2017 at 19:28, Edward said:

Have you experienced addiction? What was your experience, how are you going now? Would love to hear anyone's share. 

yeah , i have a addiction to coca-cola, when i try to stop drinking it, my body starts shaking and sweating cold

Edited by vinka1976

2 hours ago, vinka1976 said:

yeah , i have a addiction to coca-cola, when i try to stop drinking it, my body starts shaking and sweating cold

Its a short term issue, takes about 2-3 days for the system clear and you will be fine. Just think of the empty weight gain from it and potential diabetes issues.

Totally understand the issue having been there and can give you some tips if you are looking at kicking that to the curb. @vinka1976