Sign in to follow this  
mgod

gpu mining rig guide

56 minutes ago, Kevin13 said:

Not good here in Philippines, low net connection.

Internet connection doesn't mean much

Maybe you can detail some like power consumption costs and possible gain here in the forum i think it will get more people excited about and going to that link you provided. Thank you for the info :)

Also mentioning a few GPU and hardware specs and tag for them will attract many more outside the forum so i recommend using the opportunity this forum provides :P

lots of information is needed to make this decision, power consumption and the current information about how much you mine hour/day/week on each possible coin.

Most ppl dont know what ROI is, so maybe they make wrong decisions.

For example (fictitous numbers), if u invest US$3k on a mining rig, lets say you produce US$100 crypto each month BUT if you use US$50 on electricity for this month, you are winning 50. BUT  if those US$3k inside a bank produce US$10 a month, then you are really winning 40 a month, so it will take you more than 70 months to recover your investment, and that is assuming electricity will cost the same in next years, and assuming the cryptos u mine will still be around. Also the difficulty in mining rises with time so you produce less and less coins each month........

Many ppl discovered the hard way that they never got back the monet they used for mining rigs. And this is specially true if purchasing dedicated ASIC hardware....

1 hour ago, maverick528 said:

lots of information is needed to make this decision, power consumption and the current information about how much you mine hour/day/week on each possible coin.

Most ppl dont know what ROI is, so maybe they make wrong decisions.

For example (fictitous numbers), if u invest US$3k on a mining rig, lets say you produce US$100 crypto each month BUT if you use US$50 on electricity for this month, you are winning 50. BUT  if those US$3k inside a bank produce US$10 a month, then you are really winning 40 a month, so it will take you more than 70 months to recover your investment, and that is assuming electricity will cost the same in next years, and assuming the cryptos u mine will still be around. Also the difficulty in mining rises with time so you produce less and less coins each month........

Many ppl discovered the hard way that they never got back the monet they used for mining rigs. And this is specially true if purchasing dedicated ASIC hardware....

33 minutes ago, 420BlazeItFgt said:

Needs more detail when you're offering a rig here like power consumption and make approximations of net profit by subtracting it with the gross profit and such things.

Im not selling/promoting anything. If you need more info go search google.

Edited by mgod

3 minutes ago, Chinesegandalf said:

that really helpful , my aerosock pro btc board just coming today. :D

thanks for the guide.

You mean asrock h81 pro btc? Where did you bought it?

4 minutes ago, Chinesegandalf said:

yea , bought it online., updating window now. damn expensive due to btc price has rise. :(

Yeah there's a rise in price because demands by gpu miners. Gl on your mining mate, hope you more profit.

2 hours ago, mgod said:

Im not selling/promoting anything. If you need more info go search google.

Nowhere did I raise the topic about selling/promoting mate I just told it would be better if more specifications were visible to us.

Bitcoin mining is quite competetive, difficult & not as much profitable these days! I've been more interested in ether mining lately & it seems to be paying off! Using a Radeon RX 580 GPU, ETH mining is simple(well not simple but yeah! know what i mean!? :D )...

Yeah, you need quite a number of GPUs before you can start making anything decent mining alts. With a 980 GTX, I can only mine around 0.001 worth of btc in alts per day.

GPU now is hard to find in my country and the price went almost double since everyone wants to do mining. I am planning to do mining too and I hope I can find funds to buy what I needed.

3 minutes ago, zkshawn said:

GPU now is hard to find in my country and the price went almost double since everyone wants to do mining. I am planning to do mining too and I hope I can find funds to buy what I needed.

where you from? here in ph too gpus are overpriced 

39 minutes ago, mgod said:

where you from? here in ph too gpus are overpriced 

Im from ph too.. a friend of mine is starting to do mining i think he is mining ethereum