mmhaimhai

Suggestion to stop reputation abuse

Reading some threada inside forum i have see some arguments regarfing the abuse of reputation buttons specially the upvotes. I do suggest there should be some consequence like:

1. Put limitation on number of reputation power based on firum ranks. Definitely newbie would not have this kind of ability to upvote someone (in the first place, since they are newbie they still dont know lots of things happening here)

2. Dont give free reputation power but instead make it paid like 1bit per upvote. Then lets see if member would exchange their 1bit to give someone an upvote. Anyways if a thread or post is really helpful and nice people will still vote it even it would cost them some bits. (But even paid its still limited as state on #1)

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, kimpotxx said:

You mean when giving an upvote to anyone we also give them 1 bit? Hehe Im confused sissy

When we give upvote it will less on our own bits or not?

Yeah sissy if we upvote someone we need to sacrifice our own bit. But the bits wont go to the person's account who we upvote it would go to pd forum funds instead. 

20 minutes ago, mmhaimhai said:

Yeah sissy if we upvote someone we need to sacrifice our own bit. But the bits wont go to the person's account who we upvote it would go to pd forum funds instead. 

Nice. I got it. But 1bit is easy to sacrifice I guess. Hehe

Yeahhh sis 1bit is not so big .so maybe we can give that 1 bit to the person we like her topics or comments.:)

13 minutes ago, RabMalfoy said:

how about make i to 5-10 bits?

1bit is too small. you wont even feel the sacrifice.

Like nothing even changed.

Yeah i agree. I just use 1bit for example. Anyways i dont think 5-10bits is not that huge to show someone's post appreciation. Or if possible maybe it would be better if we can buy reputation power from marketplace using our bits. But giving reputatio  would still be subject to limitations.

14 minutes ago, mmhaimhai said:

Yeah i agree. I just use 1bit for example. Anyways i dont think 5-10bits is not that huge to show someone's post appreciation. Or if possible maybe it would be better if we can buy reputation power from marketplace using our bits. But giving reputatio  would still be subject to limitations.

As for me, 10bits would be enough.. larger bits, others might even get too discouraged to upvote.

reputation power, love this idea  <3

i must agree on this to stop abusing the reputation systems. some make their own bot to vote themselves lol so i agree that it must be more than a month before you can vote. 1bit is too smaller can abused also compare  to .02 prize lol

Edited by Jenn09

13 minutes ago, Dan said:

Currently there is a limit on reputation being 5 upvotes and 5 downvotes per day, for members.

But the idea for using bits to provide reputation is a really good idea! I actually love it, and will look to implement tomorrow.

wow @Dan is very nice for fast action on this issue thanks a lot sir :) 

41 minutes ago, Dan said:

Currently there is a limit on reputation being 5 upvotes and 5 downvotes per day, for members.

But the idea for using bits to provide reputation is a really good idea! I actually love it, and will look to implement tomorrow.

Thanks for appreciation @Dan. Glad you like it. By the way limits im talking is granting reputation power amount base on forum rank. Like 0 for newbie 3 for virtouso 5 for master 7 for guro and so forth(well just an example)

Edited by mmhaimhai

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Yays. We'll look forward to it :)

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Wow.. very fast response.. 

In my opinion upvote abuse is caused by the giveaway. I myself loves giving upvote to anyone that i find the post helpful to me or interesting.. like in facebook.. i hit like button if i liked the post. So for me its sad if i cant show my gratitude because i have to pay using my bits for an upvote

32 minutes ago, Ladylovelynn said:

Wow.. very fast response.. 

In my opinion upvote abuse is caused by the giveaway. I myself loves giving upvote to anyone that i find the post helpful to me or interesting.. like in facebook.. i hit like button if i liked the post. So for me its sad if i cant show my gratitude because i have to pay using my bits for an upvote

I think a few bits for giving gratitude wont do big harm. You just need to ask your self "dies this post worth the bits from my credits?" Anyways the forum is giving as 10bits just for posting as long as no spam involve.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

that is great! to prevent alts as well:)

5 hours ago, Dan said:

Wouldn't that be like buying votes for bits ? I am sure someone will have a topic "vote for me ill send your bits back" :)))))))))))))) good luck with that

23 minutes ago, 3mily said:

Wouldn't that be like buying votes for bits ? I am sure someone will have a topic "vote for me ill send your bits back" :)))))))))))))) good luck with that

I think mods would have the ability track sending credits from one user to another.

Thank u very much @mmhaimhai for thinking about this problem, and a possible solution.

Also thanx to @Dan for listening and trying to solve it too.

Unfortunately on the long run abusers always find a way to get a profit from every situation......

7 hours ago, Dan said:

BTW when you mean there are currently 5 you may be mistaken , or is it just me ? I give 10 likes daily you can see just now i hit 10.

594fa24e15f69_10rep.png.fdfa4763eaa5d2380357d20b1e02b7de.png