Annie

Sex improves intelligence

2 hours ago, Cordiceps said:

If your man smashes your head against the wall only

Came about this article 

The study, conducted by researchers at Coventry University and Oxford University, involved 73 people aged 50-83.

Participants filled in questionnaires on how often, on average, they had had sex over the past 12 months.

They also answered questions about their general health and lifestyle.

The 28 men and 45 women also took part in a standardised test, which is typically used to measure different patterns of brain function in older adults and focuses on attention, memory, fluency, language and visuospatial ability.

In the verbal fluency tests, participants had 60 seconds to name as many animals as possible, and then to say as many words beginning with the letter ‘F’ as they could.

According to researchers, these tests reflect higher cognitive abilities.

Participants also took part in tests to determine their visuospatial ability, which included copying a complex design and drawing a clock face from memory.

It was in these two sets of tests that participants who engaged in weekly sexual activity scored the most highly, with the verbal fluency tests showing the strongest effect.

This study expanded on previous research from 2016, which found that older adults who were sexually active scored higher on cognitive tests than those who were not sexually active.

Lead researcher, Dr. Hayley Wright, from Coventry University’s Centre for Research in Psychology, Behaviour and Achievement, said: “People don’t like to think that older people have sex; but we need to challenge this conception at a societal level and look at what impact sexual activity can have on those aged 50 and over, beyond the known effects on sexual health and general wellbeing.”

There is a bit of scientific research indicating that sex can lead to numerous positive benefits mentally and physically. 

But who cares about the intelligence topic, We know for certain that semen is filled with protein so make sure you always swallow girls It's nutritious! ;)

Edited by JstLikeMagyk

3 minutes ago, JstLikeMagyk said:

There is a bit of scientific research indicating that sex can lead to numerous positive benefits mentally and physically. 

But who cares about the intelligence topic, We know for certain that semen is filled with protein so make sure you always swallow girls It's nutritious! ;)

Swallow the semen, and get pregnant by swallowing it???. Kidding 

lol i didnt hear that kind of thing in my whole until you said it hahaha but i know that there's a benefits of sex in our health they said that it makes your life longer :D

Edited by Jenn09

On 6/23/2017 at 22:36, Annie said:

Is it true frequent sex improves intelligence?

Lol, I haven't read anywhere were sex improves intelligence. Instead it can be boring, tiring and it may suck all your strength, but intelligence is a no no for me

On 6/24/2017 at 06:48, Jenn09 said:

lol i didnt here that kind of thing in my whole until you said it hahaha but i know that there's a benefits of sex in our health they said that it makes your life longer :D

Makes you live longer? Hilarious my dear friend. I can't attest to this in a competent court of law. Smiles

On 24.06.2017 at 19:51, Nimfomanka said:

No, frequent sex improves potency and mood:D

That's for sure. But about intelligence, not sure.

The 1st answer who came in my mind is : probably not. People who want to have sex a lot will think about it often and not developping other part of their intelligence.

But on the other hand sex help to reduce stress and improve the image you have of yourself, etc. things who helped the brain to work in a better way. So it's not unbelievable that sex can help. 

Until science can found a real answer : having sex seem a nice choice :D

Edited by Kargai

Sex surely has a relaxing effect, calms you in general and makes you being less stressed which in subsequence will have a positive effect on your thoughts processing... being more positive and having more self confidence adds to it as well. So I wouldn't say it raises your intelligence generally... it just helps you to use your given intelligence more effectively... that I believe to be true.