Annie

Cremation vs. burial

On 10/3/2017 at 14:56, Zephiera said:

The earth is 4.54 billion years old and the population is growing. I think that cremation is better than burial coz it takes a lot of space. Have you guys heard of cremated ashes used as a fertilizer to grow a tree?I think it serves a better purpose than a coffin.

Land is a finite resource and a lot of it has been allocated for graveyards. I'm hoping there comes a time when they realize how much space it's actually taking up!

Buried both of my maternal grandparents this year. They are both Roman Catholics and were against cremation.

On 10/3/2017 at 16:02, Noeprellik1 said:

Cremation because its simple and cheaper than burial. I dont want to bother my family by bury me

Wow it is cheaper in your country? It's the opposite here ?. There's a lot of extra fees on cremation here.

On 12/8/2017 at 16:04, NyaoNyao said:

Land is a finite resource and a lot of it has been allocated for graveyards. I'm hoping there comes a time when they realize how much space it's actually taking up!

Buried both of my maternal grandparents this year. They are both Roman Catholics and were against cremation.

Is the Catholic church against it? Didn't know that ?

Well it is really taking up space! But it will be hard for the government or private groups to require cremation to save land space. There are so many religions out there.

35 minutes ago, Zephiera said:

Wow it is cheaper in your country? It's the opposite here ?. There's a lot of extra fees on cremation here.

Is the Catholic church against it? Didn't know that ?

Well it is really taking up space! But it will be hard for the government or private groups to require cremation to save land space. There are so many religions out there.

Space burial will be a thing in the future :D

Reminds me of air burial too. Kinda eerie