JstLikeMagyk    40

Hi guys, I'd like to create a community platform starting with any of our own problem gamblers to have people in similar situations to talk to.

I think of gambling as a hobby for me and feel that it can be portrayed to others in the same way if they want it that way, or for some people cold turkey is what works for them.

I've seen some of my friends here and in other gambling situations put themselves in terrible debt due to gambling and last year experienced a family member flush $400k down the drain to her gambling addiction. (Don't worry she's not homeless but it's still a lot of money)

I'd like to create a community platform for problem gamblers mainly in Australia/New Zealand and hedge it with your new project @Edward as a safe fun place for them to enjoy their hobby. 

I would be willing to put a lot of work into promoting this and use guerilla marketing tactics (qr codes across the countries amongst other Ideas I have) 

Things that would be important for me are the promotion of knowledge about safe/for fun gambling and helping people make an educated decision wether they are capable of this or need to cut it out of their lives completely, and providing what they need to help facilitate that choice eitherway.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application. Overall funding required would be low in my opinion.

• Upvote 2

Bes19    157

Good job magyk! Atleast they could focus  into something interesting and not on gambling. It would probably help those gambling addicts. Hope edward would look at this one and implement it soon. 

• Upvote 2

Ladylovelynn    23
18 hours ago, JstLikeMagyk said:

Hi guys, I'd like to create a community platform starting with any of our own problem gamblers to have people in similar situations to talk to.

I think of gambling as a hobby for me and feel that it can be portrayed to others in the same way if they want it that way, or for some people cold turkey is what works for them.

I've seen some of my friends here and in other gambling situations put themselves in terrible debt due to gambling and last year experienced a family member flush $400k down the drain to her gambling addiction. (Don't worry she's not homeless but it's still a lot of money)

I'd like to create a community platform for problem gamblers mainly in Australia/New Zealand and hedge it with your new project @Edward as a safe fun place for them to enjoy their hobby. 

I would be willing to put a lot of work into promoting this and use guerilla marketing tactics (qr codes across the countries amongst other Ideas I have) 

Things that would be important for me are the promotion of knowledge about safe/for fun gambling and helping people make an educated decision wether they are capable of this or need to cut it out of their lives completely, and providing what they need to help facilitate that choice eitherway.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application. Overall funding required would be low in my opinion.

Nice proposal.. i gamble as a hobby too. But it's true that many of us started gambling as a hobby then in the long run because they wanted to gain back their loss they gamble as much as they have and sometimes loan some money that they do not have..

Bitcoinani    17

Awesome buddy... Nice idea... It will probably help to users who are strongly addicted to gambling and this is something interesting :)

Nicol3    0

This in fact is a great proposal and a good way of helping others. Educating them is one of the best way to lessen their addiction to gambling and would help a lot of people in debt too. Good luck on your application and I hope it will be implemented soon. 

Brais    14
On 6/23/2017 at 20:05, JstLikeMagyk said:

Hi @JstLikeMagyk 

Thanks for taking your time to write us about your idea. I think it's a good idea and please feel free to send me more details to brais@primedice.com

You also said that you want to focus in Australia and we are no longer accepting Australian players, so maybe it's something that should involve companies that are operating in this country. But this is just my personal opinion.

As I said feel free to send me more details and I can try to help you in everything I can. Primedice is always willing to help to have a more responsible gambling ecosystem.

Cheers!

lemur1230    0
On 7/5/2017 at 20:55, Brais said:

Primedice is always willing to help to have a more responsible gambling ecosystem.

If this were true why do you guys yet to have a self exclusion option on both Primedice and Stake.com ? The simplest and easiest way to help gamblers help themselves be more responsible is still yet to be implemented in the several years of primedice's existence. 

Brais    14
5 minutes ago, lemur1230 said:

If this were true why do you guys yet to have a self exclusion option on both Primedice and Stake.com ? The simplest and easiest way to help gamblers help themselves be more responsible is still yet to be implemented in the several years of primedice's existence. 

Players can contact support about that and they will be more than glad to help.

lemur1230    0
1 hour ago, Brais said:

Players can contact support about that and they will be more than glad to help.

Im talking about a permanent exclusion option not a temporary one. Its of no help if its not irreversible. As far as i know and heard from others this is not an option even through support. 

Another point Dev Lacrimas brought up once in chat when i mentioned this was that even with such an option players can just make new accounts. Im not saying self exclusion is a solution to the addiction problem but it is one thing that helps people with this issue help themselves. Is it really that hard to make this option? Or is it just really unwanted and inconvenient for you guys? What all have you guys done in regards to helping addicted gamblers? Surely there must be something i have overlooked or am unaware of because 4+ years is a long time to be staring at your money and not notice the stains of suffering from impulsive choices. Or tears of the helpless in despair because they lost control. Not once? Not even to make a door for these people?  

I see other new sites that from the start include a self exclusion option, irreversible one because they take into consideration what gambling can lead too with many people. Many poor people gambling to have a chance at a better quality of life, desperation. But anyways i want to respect Magyks post and not get off topic. I would make a new topic but last time i did that it got deleted. 

Magyk i hope you can make a platform to help, im sure pd would fund it the most they can once they verify or whatver, atleast to make up for their lack of concern of their addicted broken players in the past years...