mikanja

Pre-valued tip buttons

In light of what happened to Ed's giveaway, many have proposed to make confirmation on tipping.

As an addition above, I would like to propose tipping buttons where tips usually given in 1000,10000,50000,100000 satoshi would be just a click away.

I think it would be convinient and at the same time safer for people who do a lot of raining. (thanks ed and wolf)

Lets make this a reality, in memories of today's event. Thank you.

Edited by mikanja

2 minutes ago, mikanja said:

In light of what happened to Ed's giveaway, many have proposed to make confirmation on tipping.

I on another hand would like to propose tipping buttons where tips usually given in 1000,10000,50000,100000 satoshi would be just a click away.

I think it would be convinient and at the same time safe for people who do a lot of raining. (thanks ed and wolf)

Yup thats convinient but hard to implement i gues

9 minutes ago, youngman33 said:

what if you accidentally press the button and tip someone, isn't that riskier than typing it out. 

In combination of a confirmation, it would be effective. I think typing the zeroes is more confusing and prone to accidental tipping

Edited by mikanja

The buttons are not that hard to implement and with fixed amounts and an option to choose to enter other amount at will would make all tipping across the site very easy and very fast, useful for trivia and quiz and all sorts of giveaways. :D

Nice suggestion! It'd be even cooler if amounts could be user-customizable, so you can preset amounts that are common to your habits.

I reckon someone on the Coding/Project Development boards would be able to throw together a nice user script for this, though a native solution is always preferable.

18 hours ago, mikanja said:

As an addition above, I would like to propose tipping buttons where tips usually given in 1000,10000,50000,100000 satoshi would be just a click away.

I think it would be convinient and at the same time safer for people who do a lot of raining. (thanks ed and wolf)

what happened with his giveaway ?

5 hours ago, Serlite said:

Nice suggestion! It'd be even cooler if amounts could be user-customizable, so you can preset amounts that are common to your habits.

I reckon someone on the Coding/Project Development boards would be able to throw together a nice user script for this, though a native solution is always preferable.

Customized values would be awesome! Thank you for the additional inputs!

It is a good idea and can minimize the mistakes made while tipping; That being said, i believe it's also hard to put to work because there are many amounts that are widely used to tip so you'll need a very large menu! Put all the options in it and it's crowded asf, happen to miss one or few good options and u'll be getting complaints from many users...Long story short, do it wisely!

On 6/18/2017 at 11:37, mikanja said:

i think this is a better idea:)

On 6/18/2017 at 11:37, mikanja said:

this would help us a lot if implemented. Thanks for recommending bro, Nice!! :) 

A lot of things happened today.

To cut it short, a username 'ibs18' mistipped me for 0.01522. Greed hold me for 3 secs but I decided to give it back. Then tipping it back, unluckily, I mistyped his name for 'ibs' and sent the money to a 522 days last seen account. (i was using an mobile)

Luckily, Support Irena solved all the unlucky clumsy problems that took place. 

I am sharing this experience because it was funny but at the same time made me realize that no amount of money can restore faith in humanity, only sacrificing decisions. 0.01522 btc is a big money for me, i couldve decided to ran away with it, but im glad i didnt

i am once again calling for a speedy development of the solutions to prevent or reduce mistippings in the future. 

Thank you

Screenshot_2017-06-23-00-01-04.jpg

Screenshot_2017-06-22-23-01-35.jpg

Screenshot_2017-06-22-23-15-33.jpg

Edited by mikanja

Would be nice to have pre valued tips, then again, people can and will still missclick like they have done in the past.

I see the confirmation before you send a tip suggestion discussed in here aswell, same,counts for this. People will get used to it, and will think of it as a hassle to go thru and click through it fast so mistakes will happen.

There's no safe way, but always be cautious and check and double check before you do anything.