Sign in to follow this  
btcsns1010

how do you classify good post/good topic

Hi guys, educate me please.

how do you classify a shit post or shit topic. 

And if you're a mod or admin, will you ban that?

And now as member do you avoid doing it?

1 hour ago, btcsns1010 said:

Hi guys, educate me please.

how do you classify a shit post or shit topic. 

And if you're a mod or admin, will you ban that?

And now as member do you avoid doing it?

The mistake I most often see is posts that only contain "Thank you!" and similar short notices where a simple upvote (green button) would be enough. There are threads that consist of >90% of those messages without much other content...

3 minutes ago, tavuhoaison said:

dont rep with short words. i saw your reply only " why "  or  " then" . u can say more than that. :)  if u dont want to got spam warning again . i realised my mistake.

@hui is replying "why" "what" "when" "how" "where" only considered as a spam?

Yeah i want clarifications on this too. We sometimes post congrats or thank the one who posted a new topic that is helpful for us and sometimes we feel that the upvote is not enough to thank the person or we have some more things that we want to say but not too long..

Do a simple test: If someone else wrote what you are about to submit - would you get anything out of it? New information? A new perspective? Fun? 

A simple "why" would most likely not add anything to the conversation unless you state exactly why you don't find an opinion obvious and what details you are interested in.

44 minutes ago, hui said:

Do a simple test: If someone else wrote what you are about to submit - would you get anything out of it? New information? A new perspective? Fun? 

A simple "why" would most likely not add anything to the conversation unless you state exactly why you don't find an opinion obvious and what details you are interested in.

I quoted the post and reply "why?". and yes I guess I would get anything out of it, but for you it's not. we have different perspective. 

Edited by btcsns1010

Maybe a post with a paragraph or two would be an initial indication that it was a well written piece of thought. Still, everyone knows that length is not the decisive factor to judge. 

As long post is fun to read and relevant, i think it would count.

12 minutes ago, mikanja said:

Maybe a post with a paragraph or two would be an initial indication that it was a well written piece of thought. Still, everyone knows that length is not the decisive factor to judge. 

As long post is fun to read and relevant, i think it would count.

I will reply every topic in Introduce yourself section: "quote" with "hi (insert name here) welcome to pd forum."

208 topics in introduce yourself, ez 2080 bits

i will reply to every topic in Big wins and bad beats section: "quote" with "Im sorry for your loss bro, I hope you recover fast" for loss and, "congrats to your win mate keep it up" if win. 

102 topics in big wins and bad beats, ez 1020 bits

Edited by btcsns1010

1 minute ago, btcsns1010 said:

I will reply every topic in Introduce yourself section: "quote" with "hi (insert name here) welcome to pd forum."

i will reply to every topic in Big wins and bad beats section: "quote" with "Im sorry for your loss bro, I hope you recover fast" for loss and, "congrats to your win mate keep it up" if win. 

Thats two paragraph you wrote. ;)

18 minutes ago, zale023 said:

Important thing - if your post has sense and corresponds to the topic. Don't post phrases and words only. Make your post a complete sentence as much as possible.

check out some of ed's comments

and check this out too

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentence_word

Edited by btcsns1010

11 minutes ago, zale023 said:

You can't be on equal terms with him. Though I wont force you to follow my opinion. Follow what you believe is good for you.

just kidding, ofcourse Im not in equal terms as our Lord Ed.  won't be equal as Him ... ever.

11 minutes ago, fanji said:

Try every time you make a post or a topic, the vocabulary should be long and interesting. If you do not want to be stamped as SPAMER

Way back then I tried to post long replies so long that you'll get bored reading it but you'll still read it because you saw long reply and you become suddenly interested to that long post but at the middle of that reply you've realized that it is just a long shit post and suddenly realized that long replies can be a shit post too, just like this one. And btw I hope your spamer is just a typographical error.

I think the most important thing (for a topic, at least) is whether the initial post/question is able to stimulate meaningful discussion. If not, responses to it will often be low-quality, and could result in their deletion or even deletion of the topic itself. It doesn't have to be a long post - it just has to be something that demonstrates thought was put into its writing.

Yeah, it's a super subjective criteria, I agree! This is in the same vein as grading written assignments in school. You won't always agree with the evaluator, but that's the nature of the beast. (There's also a community-driven element to this - if moderators are inundated with reports on a particular topic or post, we're more likely to scrutinize it more strictly. After all, this forum is for the community's use, so members' opinions play a big role here.)

The answer is rather simple really. Spamming is any type of comment which isn't adding any input or value into the conversation. Don't judge value on length of response.

Think of it this way if you must. (I notice that real world examples often help people grasp certain concepts)

if you were trying to chat up a person of the opposite sex because you were interested in them and you wanted to impress them, what would you say in response to their question or introduction? Would you say hi and turn away? Or would you like to get to know them more? Would you like to engage them in further conversation? How would you convince them that that they should add you to their friend list or even bother giving you time in their life?

So that's it really. Convince the community that we should be interested in you, and who knows, maybe we will buy you dinner.

In regards to having issues about the posts made by @Edward. It's not relevant because he isn't getting paid to participate, he is the one paying you. Should you be forced to pay bits to him when he makes a valuable contribution?

Short answers (1-2 words), exclamations, sometimes I see someone just putting a smiley and all the duplicating topics, and it's always worth thinking about whether your post or your topic has meaning.