mikanja

Moral Lessons in Gambling

13 minutes ago, mikanja said:

What moral lessons have you learned whlie spending time in Gambling? As for myself, i'd like to say be greedy, but not too much. :D

Hahaha same here.. 

As for me.. when it's your lucky day, be greedy half of the day then bet small on the remaining time of the day cause that's usually the time you'll get busted.. hahaha

Does any of you know what moral is ? It has absolutely nothing to do with gambling !

moral definition

adjective

1.concerned with the principles of right and wrong behaviour.

"the moral dimensions of medical intervention"

synonyms:virtuous, good, righteous, upright, upstanding, high-minded, right-minded, principled, proper, honourable, honest, just, noble, incorruptible, scrupulous, respectable, decent, irreproachable, truthful, law-abiding, clean-living, chaste, pure, blameless, sinless

"a very moral man"

2.holding or manifesting high principles for proper conduct.

"he prides himself on being a highly moral and ethical person"

noun

1.a lesson that can be derived from a story or experience.

"the moral of this story was that one must see the beauty in what one has"

synonyms:lesson, message, meaning, significance, signification, import, point, precept, teaching

"the moral of the story"

2.standards of behaviour; principles of right and wrong.

"the corruption of public morals"

synonyms:moral code, code of ethics, moral standards, moral values, principles, principles of right and wrong, rules of conduct, standards/principles of behaviour, standards, morality, sense of morality, scruples, ideals

"he has no morals and cannot be trusted"

7 hours ago, luk_stein77 said:

Does any of you know what moral is ? It has absolutely nothing to do with gambling !

moral definition

adjective

1.concerned with the principles of right and wrong behaviour.

"the moral dimensions of medical intervention"

synonyms:virtuous, good, righteous, upright, upstanding, high-minded, right-minded, principled, proper, honourable, honest, just, noble, incorruptible, scrupulous, respectable, decent, irreproachable, truthful, law-abiding, clean-living, chaste, pure, blameless, sinless

"a very moral man"

2.holding or manifesting high principles for proper conduct.

"he prides himself on being a highly moral and ethical person"

noun

1.a lesson that can be derived from a story or experience.

"the moral of this story was that one must see the beauty in what one has"

synonyms:lesson, message, meaning, significance, signification, import, point, precept, teaching

"the moral of the story"

2.standards of behaviour; principles of right and wrong.

"the corruption of public morals"

synonyms:moral code, code of ethics, moral standards, moral values, principles, principles of right and wrong, rules of conduct, standards/principles of behaviour, standards, morality, sense of morality, scruples, ideals

"he has no morals and cannot be trusted"

"1.a lesson that can be derived from a story or experience"

This is what the topic is all about, and understood by users who replied before you. 

10 hours ago, mikanja said:

What moral lessons have you learned whlie spending time in Gambling? As for myself, i'd like to say be greedy, but not too much. :D

Stay Calm and focused (Dont rage bet which i always do)

I keep telling myself i will not gamble anymore after winning back what i lost.

23 hours ago, mikanja said:

be petient make it easy by rolling

- dont play when your not in a mood because it will end up busted. Your xtreme emotion also affect on how you play.

- dont be so greedy if you think you already has profits stop & take a break.

- trust your instict if this your lucky day spend it the whole day and if you think your not lucky stop & play again tom :)

16 hours ago, youngman33 said:

Well today I learned that even if you're not greedy, you can still get bitten in the ass.

I bet 100k sats on 90% and after only a couple rolls busted.

I try to avoid 90% because the roller likes to position itself on the edges. Sorry man.

Self control is an obvious one that comes to mind alongside never risk anything (Not just money) that you do not want to lose. Honestly I could ramble on a lot about how I see a lot of specific human behaviour, mainly mine, in a gambling sense. I guess if you think about it all life decisions have risks involved and being wary of them is a great thing. 

Having more of a poker background than dice, I found dice to be really good at working on my impulsive nature. Otherwise known as tilt in poker and seeing how quickly I can go on spew in dice has helped me realize I need to a system that regulates any impulsive play. With dice it feels like I can be allin before I know it and end up sitting back wondering what happened! So it is a great learning tool that has some very fun upside.

Will add that the same areas of the brain light up for gamblers and cocaine users, so that really speaks volumes on self control.

On 7/1/2017 at 13:26, Blindme said:

Having more of a poker background than dice, I found dice to be really good at working on my impulsive nature. Otherwise known as tilt in poker and seeing how quickly I can go on spew in dice has helped me realize I need to a system that regulates any impulsive play. With dice it feels like I can be allin before I know it and end up sitting back wondering what happened! So it is a great learning tool that has some very fun upside.

Will add that the same areas of the brain light up for gamblers and cocaine users, so that really speaks volumes on self control.

Primedice as a tool to achieve a self control. Good one! 

There are many things in life that is beyond our control. But God gave us the gift of choice on how to react on our own circumstances.

Thank you for your post, i realized on my reflections.