Edward

📢 Faucet Redesign Ideas

Hey guys,

Primedice is looking to redesign how we work the faucet, to both benefit the community, players & the website itself.

Think of an idea and help us redesign how we give out money. This is something along the lines of a new way of claiming money, such as a "mini game" within the game. Something to ensure limited abuse by stuff such as bots, increased fun (CAPTCHA's are lame) and increased payouts for worthwhile users.

Help

You should redesign it based off of how long you have had your account with prime dice  along with how much you wagered and that would determine how much claims you get and how much Satoshi you would receive. As for a mini game I think we should have a spin the wheel for every day you login and make it so you can actually win quite a bit from the wheel

Hello Edd,

how about a mini Pac-Man in a <div> pop-up. Instead the original Pac-Man, the PrimeDice Logo goes through a mini labyrint via the arrow keys on the keyboard and has to collect the dots in the labyrint but with a timer clock running down. Every dot is 5 Satoshi ... at 150 Satoshi faucet that would be 30 dots... but in order to get them all the player has to collect all in the time given.

(on a side note about the comments above: Is it really important if it is agiveaway? Are you only getting involved if you get something for it?)

Hello Edd,

how about a mini Pac-Man in a <div> pop-up. Instead the original Pac-Man, the PrimeDice Logo goes through a mini labyrint via the arrow keys on the keyboard and has to collect the dots in the labyrint but with a timer clock running down. Every dot is 5 Satoshi ... at 150 Satoshi faucet that would be 30 dots... but in order zu to get them all the player has to collect all in the time given.

I really loved this idea.. or maybe solve a Puzzle with PD logo instead of the Captcha

In terms of a minigame to play a simple don't touch the sides type game could be a lot funner than solving captcha and potentially with a timer/lives reducing the amount of faucet the longer you take, The maze/game could get harder by each faucet claim or increments of 5 etc.

In terms of flexibility I think it's something to explore, Maybe using your new karma feature perhaps ? I don't think faucet amount should be restricted to wagered amount at all but be based on a number of activities in the community.

I think everyone that's earnt a higher faucet amount would rather see the max amount of claims per 24 hours go down rather than the amount they can claim.

A site I won't mention by name has their 24 hours constantly rolling over so the minimum time to claim one faucet is about 2 hours if you hit the max claims cap, Something I find very inviting for players to take a short break and return to playing instead of waiting the entire 24 hours.

users who deposit and lose should be should be able to play it, if a user doesnt deposit for long period u can stop their faucet, simple and logic, faucet is depressin, and the chance of making profit from it is very low, so do not make it worse, u guys fcked up by dercreasin it, pd right now is way boring for the community who is active on chat and abusin it everyday lol, the idea is to make it selective, thank you.

Edward[/member] , I think of another idea..

There is a dice with 1-6 dots then a player will choose 3 from it then roll the 1 dice.

If the roll wins. the amount of the satoshi that can be claim will increase.

you can roll again to have it increase again.

But if you lost you will get the normal amount of faucet claim.

same thing when your first roll lost, normal amount of faucet will be claimed.

what do you think?

The bitcoin values have increased which presumably means the site is earning more too? One BTC a day in faucet - how much more is gained in profits?

The faucet is a big incentive for some to come to the site... and the idea that it could be built up from rolling more worked well. It offered a certain amount of fallback when one lost - which with the odds as they are... is going to happen else the site would not be in business - right? Take away that incentive and you essentially go back on what had already been promised - that's risky business - not in the sense that people will suddenly quit the site but that the site's integrity is brought into question.

Before you redesign the faucet you should honour the old one. That said, if it is getting expensive then reduce the amount you give to the initial joiners and not just in how much they roll but how long they have been with the site. Calculate a percentage of the amount invested into the site by the user as well as the time they have been with the site as well the number of rolls they have made and even the amount they have participated in chat.

Don't just hit out at those who have built up their faucet over a time and slash them down without any thought of consequence. To decree something and then break that decree for whatever reasons - is still a broken promise and has energetic repercussions. The universe has ways of balancing itself and you have just significantly increased the odds of hufflepuff 2.0 turning up.

You could probably set it up so that instead of, or as well as users simply answering a captcha - they could do something meaningful for those brief seconds - something that actually adds value to the world. It's hard to say without access to the figures but I imagine the number of  captchas submitted each day on the faucets is quite considerable. This "work" could be directed into something more profitable for the community or even the world at large... there might even be a way to offset the cost by doing some kind of crowdsourcing exercise - an honourable one, not just for profit - it might require a bit of programming but what doesn't these days?

With the numbers on this site - sure they are brought here by greed for the most part... but there must be a way of encouraging some positive emotion - rather than persuading them to make lots of noise in a chat on giveaways - you might encourage them to unite in some way and achieve something more lasting than a crazy 30 minutes of subservient behaviour in a giveaway to satisfy their greed.

https://www.wethinq.com/en/blog/2014/08/12/39-Great-Crowdsourcing-Examples.html

"In equal measure, those that have more must love those that have less, and those who have less will love those that have given more of themselves to equal the playing field, with a hand of kindness that has both hands turned up and never one hidden behind the back." - Lujan Matus