endorphin

How to cope up with Depression?

When you are depressed ,the best thing to do is taking the situation you find yourself into as a normal case that can happen to a human being.Secondly try to create jocks and don't be isolated with your situation.In so doing,you may find an intersted topic in the misd of a discussion that will alleviate that anxiety and fear in you.

When I get depression, I will go to the gym , lift hard smash those iron, yelling while lifting sometimes help you release the stress (as long you didn't disturb the other member 😄). After that going home, take a bath with warm water, eat healty food and go sleep earlier.

Tommorow I will wake up with full energy and good mood

Yoga works for me ..... Esp the breathing exercises ..... 
Of course I am on Welbutrin 150 mg too ...... But i think medication is only a placebo for me ... 

Sleep is very much underrated too ... though what you do before you go to sleep is a major factor which nobody talks about ..... if you go to sleep thinking and being all sad then i guess the sadness pours itself in the sleep subconscious too . I have terrible sleep if i watch something bad or keep reminiscing about bad stuff before going to bed .... 

Watching real comedy and happy stuff works like a charm before going to bed for me ....   I liked the Comic spell in harry potter where one completely transforms a negetive emotion into something which is real ass funny. One ought to learn to identify and do that in real life too .... 

And Most important of all FRIENDS .... 

Hi,

I have to say that  I don't agree with 50% of those answers. especially those about a routine. 
Did you even realize that an depression is an disorder and that most people think that they are depressive while they're just having a hard time.
Sound hard maybe. But I get annoyed by those useless steps and useless routines. 
I've been suffering from Borderline since I was around twelve and grew up with extreme anxiety for social activities etc. And that is way different than having a bad period. Believe me there are differences. Also if a certain person is depressed never force them or stay suggesting them to do something. Because this will effect his/her on a negative way. 
I'm eighteen years old and started anti depressants. I had to build up doses and this was one of the most difficult times of my life. I felt so sick and weird. And not myself and eventually almost did suicide. When I recovered from the "Getting used to .. " period I've been feeling amazing. Not that it fixes my depression completely because sometimes it still is there. But it just takes away the sharp edges. Same for my anxiety. But indeed like @Edward don't go on anti depressants when your under eighteen and stay off them as long as possible. Only if it's extreme and they did research on you then it may be an option. But it's not magic. It wont just suddenly make you happy or something and it's really difficult to start with. It also affected my sex life a lot at the beginning. Now I'm kinda getting my libido back again since I take Wellbutrin next to my Sertralin (Zoloft) and it works fine. But please don't tell us that we have to exercise or something. I do exercise and I'm healthy in general. But It never fixed my depression. Please think about something before you post it. Because it's not easy to just do something. a Mental disorder is as deathly as cancer. It eats you till you die. Those anti depressants saved my life in this case. But I wont want to take them for my whole life.

KH

23 hours ago, KoningHosselaar said:

Hi,

I have to say that  I don't agree with 50% of those answers. especially those about a routine. 
Did you even realize that an depression is an disorder and that most people think that they are depressive while they're just having a hard time.
Sound hard maybe. But I get annoyed by those useless steps and useless routines. 
I've been suffering from Borderline since I was around twelve and grew up with extreme anxiety for social activities etc. And that is way different than having a bad period. Believe me there are differences. Also if a certain person is depressed never force them or stay suggesting them to do something. Because this will effect his/her on a negative way. 
I'm eighteen years old and started anti depressants. I had to build up doses and this was one of the most difficult times of my life. I felt so sick and weird. And not myself and eventually almost did suicide. When I recovered from the "Getting used to .. " period I've been feeling amazing. Not that it fixes my depression completely because sometimes it still is there. But it just takes away the sharp edges. Same for my anxiety. But indeed like @Edward don't go on anti depressants when your under eighteen and stay off them as long as possible. Only if it's extreme and they did research on you then it may be an option. But it's not magic. It wont just suddenly make you happy or something and it's really difficult to start with. It also affected my sex life a lot at the beginning. Now I'm kinda getting my libido back again since I take Wellbutrin next to my Sertralin (Zoloft) and it works fine. But please don't tell us that we have to exercise or something. I do exercise and I'm healthy in general. But It never fixed my depression. Please think about something before you post it. Because it's not easy to just do something. a Mental disorder is as deathly as cancer. It eats you till you die. Those anti depressants saved my life in this case. But I wont want to take them for my whole life.

KH

I already upvoted, but just wanna say thanks for sharing your experience with the community, @KoningHosselaar, it must have not been easy to open up like that and give all the details, but hopefully, someone in need of help in this sense, will get to read this ;) 

Stay strong and good luck on your studies! 🍀