I am thinking about karma being approved only by mods.

We all know bitcointalk trust abuses and for non senses red trusts, trustful people who are scamming daily and so on. I think doing this here will help the forum to improve and take care of future situations like this.

guess i got 3 haters atm xD

lol i have 7. and i still don't know why or how

in this moment this karma points are useless. how do you see changing this system?

One of the mods told me you can smite anyone for any reason. I would say karma does not mean that much. If karma was mod approved you would be able to see who you can trust and who you can't. With our current system I don't really think you can base anything on karma.

connesa[/member] you should look my account and see.

It's done by just a singular person of two.

The person always wait an hour each before doing it.

Its funny how a player focus on discrediting my account for reasons known to him

it sounded as a childish act

One of the mods told me you can smite anyone for any reason. I would say karma does not mean that much. If karma was mod approved you would be able to see who you can trust and who you can't. With our current system I don't really think you can base anything on karma.

it is something like i don't like you and everytime when i see you on forum i give you  a smite. i can offer you per hour 24 smites just because i can.

well ed said it nice, dont abuse of it cause ull get banned...but still where is the use of this current karma right now?

If the karma system had to be validated in some way its usefulness would be multiplied tenfold. You could see the trust someone has and base your loan approval on that. Bustabit has a similar system. Maybe limiting smiting for the same user to  2 smites a day or having a 24 hour cooldown before smiting the same user twice would improve it. If you had reason to smite the same user twice than you should just report it. There is no justifiable reason to smite someone 34 times.

Don't put too much value in karma points - since you're right, anyone can applaud/smite anyone without reason, so it doesn't work as a trust system.

But Edward has mentioned they're looking for a good trust system plugin, so that's something to hope for (and will be more useful).

Don't put too much value in karma points - since you're right, anyone can applaud/smite anyone without reason, so it doesn't work as a trust system.

But Edward has mentioned they're looking for a good trust system plugin, so that's something to hope for (and will be more useful).

Well I would say trust system never works. Trust system gives one a basis to judge whether to trust him with his money or any kind of deal. 

I think a better trust system is to build it with references which enables a user to check authenticity of the trust feedback. Karma is just merely a feedback trust system which is infected with nowadays with retaliation feedbacks and nothing else.

Same problem is with bctalk and same problem it will be here.

Nice suggestion but it increases mod workload plus there is a very MAJOR DRAWBACK: One might not agree with mods view towards approval/denial of a feedback ultimately leading to same thing we will start thinking about this forum like we think about bctalk.

Well I would say trust system never works. Trust system gives one a basis to judge whether to trust him with his money or any kind of deal. 

I think a better trust system is to build it with references which enables a user to check authenticity of the trust feedback. Karma is just merely a feedback trust system which is infected with nowadays with retaliation feedbacks and nothing else.

Same problem is with bctalk and same problem it will be here.

Nice suggestion but it increases mod workload plus there is a very MAJOR DRAWBACK: One might not agree with mods view towards approval/denial of a feedback ultimately leading to same thing we will start thinking about this forum like we think about bctalk.

Nice said. I am almost agree with you. Bitcointalk proved that is not opened to change or try to improve their obvious mistakes. I hope this forum even if it is hard to get at 10% of bitcointalk power will always search for improvement.

Karma system should be removed...the very moment Edward added karma system  someone gave me 10 smite. Simply because we are not on  talking terms on primedice.. all he does all day was stay on my page to give me karma every 1 hour....

Edward[/member]  It will be other solution over here? It is a need of something like karma or rep. Just deleting it ...and no solution is not helping us at all