Hawaiianz

Is taxation theft?

In an accountant view(like me), taxation is not theft.  Its just an individual liability or should i say obligation to our government to all income we accumulate for certain period of time maybe monthly,  quarterly or annual.  It is responsibility of every individual for all amount they earn besides,  if a country has a good government and laws tax would be very significant on the progress of country hence all projects and benefits provided by govt are expenses that came from Fund that accumulate tru taxation.  So taxation itself is not thief but people like govt officials who use funds gather from tax for their own good,  they re the thieves. 

Guest Anony

On the bright side, I do enjoy that fat check at the beginning of every year lol

On 5/10/2017 at 13:48, Hawaiianz said:

Personally, I do feel it is theft, I never consented to any taxation. I feel that this video helps explain the video quite well

Yeah!, I strongly believe its a thief what they are requiring us.

Instead of helping us in our lives they keep on sponging us from the income we make that should supposed to be ours only ?

Interesting analogy - though I'm not sure the proposed solutions (that have a heavy reliance on human altruism) are much better. It really ends up just being a decision of either taxing (forcing) people to contribute money to support needs that aren't relevant to them, or leaving the marginalized/less fortunate populations to fend for themselves. If taxation was wiped out tomorrow, I don't think we'd see charitable contributions shoot through the roof accordingly - people have a tendency to ignore problems that don't directly affect them.

Things like voluntaryism might work on a smaller scale (say, communities of a few hundred) where everyone interacts closely enough to care for each other in times of need. But once you start throwing in degrees of separation and scaling up the size of the population, you end up with a growing problem of indifference which throws a wrench in the whole philosophy.

Tax is necessary to make the world go round in a manner that we are all used to. The problem is when the government decides to tax you on the same funds coming and going.

If you take the tax off my cheque and then expect to ding me every time I turn around, then I have a issue with the set up. Quite often it is also used as a way to push the population towards a set outcome, like driving cars less often.

On 6/24/2017 at 23:43, Ladylovelynn said:

No. I stll believe that taxes helpd the country's development and helps the poor too. But too much taxation is theft.. i think tax on income is fine but no to taxation on purchases. 

i agree with But problem with were money use for develop country. and nowdays you see 70% to 80% politicians are use only 20% money to develop his country 80% money take in his pocket. tax=politicians are rich.

On 5/10/2017 at 13:48, Hawaiianz said:

Personally, I do feel it is theft, I never consented to any taxation. I feel that this video helps explain the video quite well

Very wrong! Taxation is the blood vessel of the government, without taxes it will not be able to fund its projects for the welfare of each citizen (that's how the law describe taxes)

It just happened that other countries are rich in natural resources (to get funds from) that's why they don't need to impose taxes...

Edited by akosiasin
typo error