Kevin13

8 health tips for computer users

On 28/09/2017 at 17:35, Jenn09 said:

this is my problem right now having back ache bec of computer works. will lessen the usage now because of back ache & also eyes strained

Try the standing desk if you can, it will help for your back. If you can't afford one (it's not cheap) you still can put a box on your desk. I personnaly use something like this because i didn't want to buy a full standing desk before testing if i could make the jump from a chair to a stand-up position all day long. It allow you to start little by little : 1h a day, than 2, 3, etc..

ProPlus-30.jpg

Just be sure to adopt the right angle for your elbow and head.

standing-desk-002.jpg

And if you can't at least but a yoga ball like @Noahbreezy recommend. Minimal cost and it will keep your core/back/abdominal area more engage and active since you'll have to keep your balance. With time your back will be stronger and you'll probably have less problems.

Just now, Kargai said:

Try the standing desk if you can, it will help for your back. If you can't afford one (it's not cheap) you still can put a box on your desk. I personnaly use something like this because i didn't want to buy a full standing desk before testing if i could make the jump from a chair to a stand-up position all day long. It allow you to start little by little : 1h a day, than 2, 3, etc..

ProPlus-30.jpg

standing-desk-002.jpg

And if you can't at least but a yoga ball like @Noahbreezy recommend. Minimal cost and it will keep your core/back/abdominal area more engage and active since you'll have to keep your balance. With time your back will be stronger and you'll probably have less problems.

this is nice, I will see if this is avail in our country coz I never seen like this here & try to canvas what is worth. If I can I will buy but if not, then try to find another ways LOL

7 hours ago, Kargai said:

ProPlus-30.jpg

standing-desk-002.jpg

Aren't there special foot mats you can buy too to help with fatigue? Have you tried something like that?

1 minute ago, NyaoNyao said:

Aren't there special foot mats you can buy too to help with fatigue? Have you tried something like that?

They exist. But to get good one's that really help you're going to pay a lot. Kargai, try to sit on a yoga ball! It's fun, helps having a straight back, it's cheap and you don't have to adapt as much in your working envirement. (Except the chair of course!)

16 hours ago, Noahbreezy said:

They exist. But to get good one's that really help you're going to pay a lot. Kargai, try to sit on a yoga ball! It's fun, helps having a straight back, it's cheap and you don't have to adapt as much in your working envirement. (Except the chair of course!)

I have one too but I prefer the standing position ;)

16 hours ago, NyaoNyao said:

That exist, just search "standing desk mat" on Amazon or elsewhere. But for a good one you'll need to pay around 75-100$.

On 10/1/2017 at 18:18, Kargai said:

I have one too but I prefer the standing position ;)

That exist, just search "standing desk mat" on Amazon or elsewhere. But for a good one you'll need to pay around 75-100$.

Yipes! That's not cheap for me at all. Do you use them? Or can you do without? 

On 28.09.2017 at 13:45, Kargai said:

Why ? I work probably 6 hours a day on a standing desk, it's really awesome and helped me solve some back issue.

I'm at the computer for 16 hours a day. it's so hard to stand.

legs also need rest.

6 minutes ago, rembo2 said:

legs also need rest.

16?! I guess that around how much time I spend on mine too. Combination of work and play. I'd like to have a convertible sitting/standing desk, but that is probably out of budget for me. 

13 hours ago, rembo2 said:

legs also need rest.

16 hours is just too much, whatever you do. The human body is not designeds to stay in a similar position that long. No hack or tricks will help with that you just need to do varying stuff.

I think that many people spend long hours using the computer without any attention to the comfortable way of sitting, or exercising, and thus exposing themselves to the danger of back pain, and the neck, these are really useful tips, stretching exercises are one of the most important exercises for computer users, they should not be neglected at all  .

As a computer frequent user you should always wear anti glare glass to reduce flicker from the screen and always keep coffee closer to you to keep you hydrated after been dehydrated.