cherokee613

Should minors who commits serious crimes be sentenced like adults?

There are many kids nowadays committed crimes like rape.. Just in our neighborhood, a 10-year old boy raped a 5-yr old.. but because of juvenile the boy can't be imprisoned.. are you just okay with that?

They need to lower the restriction atleast 12 years of age. Because nowadays, criminals are using minors as their accomplice coz they know minors won't be put in jail. They kids now are very aggressive. They already have their addiction. I saw a vendor smoking a cigarette and asked him his age,he said he is just 14 yrs old like seriously. I don't know what's happening now in this world and in this generation. Sadlife

The parents should be inprison if he is not in legal age because parents should take care & advised there own children not to do so because in their age their mind is not fully understand what is wrong or right so the parents should blame about that and the punishment to the kid is imprison with same age and handling child department to build their attitude in right path.

The parents should be inprison if he is not in legal age because parents should take care & advised there own children not to do so because in their age their mind is not fully understand what is wrong or right so the parents should blame about that and the punishment to the kid is imprison with same age and handling child department to build their attitude in right path.

I don't agree with this. Parents can be lacking and everything wrong shouldn't always be blamed on them. Not like every parents can control their kids like they wanted.

----------

I agree with lowering the age to 12.

They already do sentence some of them like adults. It all depends on the situation and what crimes exactly.

Usually a 16 or 17 yo over here can get sentenced like an adult for lets say, murdering a few people, very strong sexual abuse, recurring things...

if you were 17 when you allegedly committed murder, your case will automatically go to adult court even though you were a minor at the time, due to the aforementioned exception for severe crimes.

However, if you committed a non-serious offense at the age of 16 or younger, and are arrested after reaching 18, your case will most likely go through juvenile court as long as you are not older than 21. However, if you have been arrested at the age of 22 or above, most juvenile courts would lack jurisdiction over the case, no matter what the alleged crime was or how old you were at the time.

There are many kids nowadays committed crimes like rape.. Just in our neighborhood, a 10-year old boy raped a 5-yr old.. but because of juvenile the boy can't be imprisoned.. are you just okay with that?

Im No really ok with that as my friend killed by a 17 yrs old. It was so sudden and the justice sucks in his case. And the sad thing is the suspect is just strolling free outside. :'(

I'm not sure a one-size-fits-all approach would work here - young children can be more easily reformed than adults since they haven't spent as long under ill influences or neglected on the mental health front.

It'd certainly set an example to put them in prison and give the government an appearance of being "tough on crime", but doing so might only cement their future as a re-offender and end up being even more detrimental to society. (Of course, we're not mind-readers, so there are always going to be mistakes made when we decide whether someone deserves retribution or can be reformed - just a sad truth of life.)

so true sir many children nowadays different before  juvinile commit crimes at thier young ages

Yeah.  I also think that minors shouldn´t be sentenced like adults, because when you are young, you don´t think as much about the consequenses of you choices.

1 hour ago, Carollzinha said:

In Brazil as well.. but I am totally against those rules in cases like this

Yeah I m against it too... Because minors have also understanding like adults